Subversion support?

Hi,

I have been using Litespeed for a while now and love it. However I have come to a show stopper in that it doesn't seem to support subversion. Now, for any trac management projects I have (which litespeed handles very well) I need svn repos accessible via the web.

Is this still correct in version 3.0.2?

If so, are there any plans for any support? I know I can use an apache backend for svn but, to be blunt, the whole point is not to use apache! If I'm forced down that route, then I'll just use apache as I see no advantage in running both servers at the same time.

I hope there is something I have missed as I love Litespeed and have recommended it to many.

Thanks in advance,

ts77

Yes as far as I know (please correct me mistwang if I'm wrong) proxying to apache is still the only solution for that and it doesn't work that great as some subversion operations still fail with that as the subversion-protocol isn't really made for proxying ;).
And as subversion is only providing a module for apache I guess it won't change.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Yes, right now proxying to backend apache is the only solution. However, we don't aware any problem with proxying WebDAV requests.

We are interested in sponsoring a open source mod_subversion equivalent LSAPI implementation, if anyone are interested, just contact us.

Wow, thanks for the suggestions guys. I will look at them all and see what's best.

My spirits have been lifted :p

[edit]mistwang: your link (bsSvnBrowser) is spot on. Obviously I have to test it but thank you so much![/edit]

Last edited:

Tofy

Hello,

I noticed that this thread is old,but I searched the forums,wiki with no success on finding information about support/installing subversion.

I hereby kindly ask you if subversion is now supported by LiteSpeed and if yes, could you please direct me to an installation tutorial, I need to install it on a cPanel server.

Thank you