Switching from FCGI to normal mode

Couple of weeks ago, I asked the tech support at my host to upgrade PHP to latest, keeping all the settings as same. However, since then, things seemed to have slowed down a little (coincided with cable cut to India, hence noticed it only now).

Today I checked and it seems PHP is running in FCGI mode:

usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5

Since my host’s managed support has a habit of messing up PHP installs/reinstalls (once again proved by this debacle), I am hesitant to let them touch the server again and I am not really experienced in compiling PHP, especially since it is a production server.

So is there a way to switch PHP back to LSAPI mode, without recompiling the PHP and breaking anything?

If there isn’t any way to do this, is there a way php can be compiled with all the existing modules and settings (including that for eAccelerator and Memcache)?

webizen

lsphp5 being in folder fcgi-bin does not mean it is running in FCGI mode.

If you have the following from command line, then it runs in LSAPI mode.

# /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5 -i | grep "Server API"
Server API => LiteSpeed V6.1
To grab all the compile options for your next PHP compile, run following. Note that '--with-litespeed' option is required for LSAPI
# /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5 -i| grep "Configure Command"
Configure Command => './configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/lsws/lsphp5' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-mysqli' '--with-mysql' '--with-zlib' '--with-gd' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-iconv' '--with-litespeed'
It is recommended you compile PHP from Admin Console => Actions => Compile PHP. You can check eAccelerator and Memcache from the it.