Unable to download 2.2.4 for Mac OS X

I get a 404 error when trying to download both Intel and PPC version for Mac OS X of version 2.2.4.

Is there a chance this will be fixed anytime soon?

Dirk :(

I must say I am extremely dissapointed that I have not yet heard back from LiteSpeed Tech on this issue. This thread actually represents the second post regarding this issue - which to me should be considered high priority. (The first post was a couple of days before this one as a reply to the announcement regarding the release of 2.2.4. When I posted the reply, it said it would be reviewed by a moderator before posting... it has yet to show up.)

There is basically no way to install LS on Mac OS X. If this is the type of support LST is going to provide for Mac OS X customers on critical issues such as no software being made available (not even previous versions), then I must say I will strongly be considering a different web server for Rails deployment.

Dirk :(

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
dirkbj,

The OS X standard builds for 2.2.4 was not created due to a build script mistake on our part.

And I did not find out about this error until I got your email to our email account. This and all forums are community based support forums where both staff and users a like help each other.

Sometimes we miss a new post or two and that was the case here. If you find an obvious site error such as this, please email us at support@litespeedtech.com in the future.

We have updated our download links to 2.2.2 for OS X standard. Please note all the builds for all OS systems will be back on track with 2.2.5 which is due end of next week.

As for OS support, we here at LiteSpeed is proud to have one of the best OS X support in the web server market. We build and support OS X Intel and PPC server that is in use by some of the biggest websites in the world and yes, some of do have OS X servers. We internally also have a OS X intel (Imac) for QA testing.

Thanks for the quick response to my email. I must say, I looked all over the support tab on the website for the support email address before posting to the forums. Is this email address under the support tab anywhere?

I finally stumbled on it under Company->About... which is not where I would expect to look for the support email address. I then immediately notified you of my postings.

Dirk

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
Dirk,

Our email contacts are link to via the "Contact" link the very top right of every page and also via the Company -> About Us link.

Perhaps we should add more links elsewhere.

I can see how that would look obvious... sorry.

I posting it under Support would also be good.

Thanks again.

I can see now that your are very serious about your support. After reading your bio, I know you are are aware that support is as important (if not more) than the quality of the product (which I am very impressed with - and look forward to deploying for further projects).

Glad this has a positive ending

Dirk :)

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
We hope you become a long time user. =)

We have great community support here at LiteSpeed and our developers are always burning the midnight oil.

This is what we do, not a hobby, and that's why we value both quality and support greatly.