Weird .htaccess problem

For some reason:

RewriteRule ^tutorials([/]?)$ ./tutorials.php?page=1 [L]

The above line of code is working and the bottom link IS NOT

RewriteRule ^tutorials/([-_a-zA-Z0-9\.]+)([/]?)$ ./tutorials.php?cat=$1&page=1 [L]

I tried and changed the the above line to :

RewriteRule ^tutorial/([-_a-zA-Z0-9\.]+)([/]?)$ ./tutorials.php?cat=$1&page=1 [L]

Removing only the letter 's' from tutorials and it seems to be working again.

The problem now is that i need to use tutorials and not tutorial word.

I am having this kinda problem with several other lines too.

It used the work in Apache bytheway.

Further more, another weird problem:

I have a series of mod_rewrite lines written:

RewriteRule ^search([/]?)$ ./doSearch.php [L]
RewriteRule ^search/([-_a-zA-Z0-9\.]+)([/]?)$ ./doSearch.php?searchCat=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^search/([-_a-zA-Z0-9\.]+)/([0-9]+)([/]?)$ ./doSearch.php?searchCat=$1&page=$2 [L]
RewriteRule ^search/([-_a-zA-Z0-9\.]+)/([-_a-zA-Z0-9\.]+)([/]?)$ ./doSearch.php?searchCat=$1&searchKeywords=$2 [L]
RewriteRule ^search/([-_a-zA-Z0-9\.]+)/([-_a-zA-Z0-9\.]+)/([0-9]+)([/]?)$ ./doSearch.php?searchCat=$1&searchKeywords=$2&page=$3 [L]

The above lines only work uptill search/this-is-a-test
but fails when this url is used /search/this-is-a-test/2

now i fixed the issue by replacing all the ^search/ with ^searc/ and this seems to work just fine.

is the word ^search/ kinda reserved or something. :(

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Can you turn on rewrite logging with "RewriteLogLevel 9" in the vhost configuration section in httpd.conf? Then you will get a rewrite logs in lsws/logs/error.log

hmmm,

yeah sure i can.

bytheway i think i found out the problem

the thing is that the htaccess file that i am using is some how merging with the one at the www domain. (i am on a subdomain)

so its written in the htaccess on the www domain ^tutorials/([a-zA-Z]+)$ ./searchCategory.php?cat=$1 [L]

and its written in the htaccess of the 'test' subdomain tutorials/([a-zA-Z]+)$ ./tutorials.php?cat=$1 [L]

so it tries to find the searchCategory.php file which does not exist in that subdomain . (its in the www domain)

got any clues how to stop letting the merge??