4.0.10 Upgrade Problem - Configuration Files Not Valid

I'm having a few issues with the 4.0.10 upgrade:

1.) I cannot access the configuration files for any of my virtual hosts -- I am seeing the following error message in red when clicking on the configuration for a virtual host (these worked fine in 4.9):

/home/myusername/public_html/config/mywebsite.com.xml is not a valid file.

2.) When downgrading back to 4.9 -- I am receiving a session error message and a 503 error on my website.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
4.0.10 uses suEXEC for the web console, running as user lsadm.
So, you may need to update directory/file permission for your custom configuration file if they are in the default conf/ directory.

If you want to downgrade to 4.0.9, I strongly suggest you not to, you need to run the installer of 4.0.9 to change the directory/file permission of the admin console related back to previous setting.

I changed owner/group of my virtual host config file (mysite.com.xml) to lsadm from (www-data:www-data), and also changed the owner/group of the config folder to lsadm, restarted the process, but still no luck. When clicking on any virtual host within the 4.10 admin console, i see the following message in red:

/home/myusername/public_html/config/mywebsite.com.xml is not a valid file.

Any other ideas? As a side note I keep all of my virtual host config files in directories separate from the main lsws server config files.

Here's a paste of my updated config file permissions:

-rw-r--r-- 1 lsadm lsadm 3238 Jun 15 19:35 mysite.com.xml

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You also need to check the ownership and permission of /home/myusername and /home/myusername/public_html.

It may not be a good idea to put configuration file under public_html.