Admin login problems

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by felosi, Oct 30, 2009.

1. felosi

felosi New Member

On the servers I have upraded to 4.0.11 I cannot login the web console. It crashes any browser I try it with - chrome, ie, firefox. The login page comes up, I press the login button and it just sits there, IN IE it gave a warning about some script running on the page causing problems.

Is anyone else having this issue? It is that way with every server I have upgraded to 4.0.11 on.
  2. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

manually run
    lsws/admin/misc/create_admin_keypair.sh

may resolve the issue.
  3. felosi

felosi New Member

same thing. Im gonna try a downgrade and see if that helps
  4. PSS

PSS Member

Was this resolved? I'm not going to upgrade if there is a risk loosing access to admin CP.
  5. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

We use RSA key to encrypt user name/password now if plain HTTP connection is used. Sometimes, the javascript RSA encryption code does not like the RSA key pair and the script crashes. We have noticed that, and usually create a new pair of key can fix that. Sometimes, it takes for a while for the java script to finish.

There is another solution to setup self signed SSL certificate for the admin listener, if connection is encrypted, the javascript RSA encryption will be turned off.
  6. Clockwork

Clockwork Member

same problem here, I'm also receiving this error in the error.log:

7. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Which user "admin_php" run as? lsadmin?
    who own /usr/local/lsws/admin/conf/jcryption_keypair? what is the permission mask for jcryption_keypair and /usr/local/lsws/admin/conf/.
  8. Clockwork

Clockwork Member

yes, lsadm

-rw------- 1 www-data www-data 530 13. Nov 11:22 jcryption_keypair

drwx--S--- 2 lsadm lsadm 4096 13. Nov 11:22 conf
  9. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

jcryption_keypair should be owned by lsadm:lsadm
  10. Clockwork

Clockwork Member

works, thanks.