LiteSpeed, CMS and active lsphp processes

Discussion in 'General' started by SAngeli, May 30, 2012.

1. SAngeli

SAngeli New Member

Hi,

on the website I am hosted with LiteSpeed, I face a common issue (I assume) where anytime I try to access a website run by a CMS (Joomla or Drupal in this case) it takes a several seconds to load (sometimes even 15) where if I access a static webpage it is instantaneous.

I was told this issue depends on the "active lsphp processes (PHP processes) which needs to be respawned"
    Until a proper and final solution is taken and implemented by the hosting provider is there anything that I can do so that a website run by a CMS reacts promptly and speedily? What tools can I look into (either external from the hosting provider) or to ask the provider to. External I assume would be easier.

To be precise, this happens only when nobody access/visit the website with a prolonged idle time. Instead, if I check the website actively or after 5 minutes or so it is very fast.

Thank you,
    Spiro
  2. webizen

webizen New Member

CMS usually require backend database access. So the issue could be db access takes time after extended idle time.

You can create a simple hello or phpinfo php script that does not require db access to test your case.