Migrating from Apache/cPanel

Sindre

Migrating from Apache/cPanel - PHP compile error

Hello,

I have installed the trial version of LiteSpeed Web Server following the directions posted here.

I have installed LSWS parallell to Apache with port offset 2000. Now, when I go to create the PHP5 binary using the "Build Matching PHP Binary" tool in WHM, I get the following error: "Cannot find configuration options!".

How can I solve this? I also tried to compile PHP through the web admin console -> Actions -> Compile PHP menu using the following config string:

Code:
--enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --enable-exif --enable-fastcgi --enable-ftp --enable-gd-native-ttf --enable-libxml --enable-magic-quotes --enable-mbstring --enable-pdo=shared --enable-soap --enable-sockets --enable-wddx --enable-zip --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/lib --with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/lib/php.ini.d --with-curl=/opt/curlssl/ --with-freetype-dir=/usr --with-gd --with-gettext --with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/ --with-imap-ssl=/usr --with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-kerberos --with-libdir=lib64 --with-libexpat-dir=/usr --with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2 --with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/ --with-mcrypt=/opt/libmcrypt/ --with-mhash=/opt/mhash/ --with-mm=/opt/mm/ --with-mysql=/usr --with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock --with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config --with-openssl=/usr --with-openssl-dir=/usr --with-pdo-mysql=shared --with-pdo-sqlite=shared --with-pic --with-png-dir=/usr --with-pspell --with-sqlite=shared --with-tidy=/opt/tidy/ --with-ttf --with-xmlrpc --with-xpm-dir=/usr --with-xsl=/opt/xslt/ --with-zlib --with-zlib-dir=/usr
After a LWSW restart, I get the following error when accessing PHP scripts:

503 Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily busy, try again later!

Please advise.

Thank you,
Sindre

Last edited:

Sindre

I have no log file named stderr.log. I noticed that I had forgot to remove the '--enable-fastcgi' option in the PHP config string, so I tried to re-compile without that option but to no avail. Same problem.

Anyway, I though I should be able to use the LiteSpeed WHM plugin to compile the PHP binary based on the current one without having to specify the config options.

You should have a log file named stderr.log, its created by LSWS. (/pathtolsws/logs/stderr.log)

Also take a look at this wiki article:
http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:php:lsapi

Main thing to note I believe would to be the trouble shooting section:
If you LiteSpeed PHP setup give 503 errors, you may have PHP configuration problem, usually it is because the version of a loadable module does not match the PHP version used. You need to recompile the loadable module to fix it.

Sindre

Nevermind. I fixed it. It was a problem with the PHP config string and the prefix path. I had to compile it through the web panel, though. The WHM Plugin was not working.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
If the WHM plugin does not work, you can try rebuild Apache with cpeasyapache, our WHM plugin rely on some files created by cpeasyapache. Next time, you can try that.