PHP + cgi_buffer using LS API

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by jailbird, May 27, 2005.

1. jailbird

jailbird New Member

Hello,

I've been using cgi_buffer.php via auto_prepend on my server, due to it's support for ETag. I noticed on my dev box that if I compile PHP 4.3.11 using LS API support, that some of my scripts just stop working while cgi_buffer is enabled. It doesn't happen on all of the scripts, and disabling cgi_buffer and/or recompiling PHP using FastCGI solves the problem. I've produced it using both APC and Turck.

When it happens, PHP doesn't seem to crash. If I truss the process and then run the script, lseek() seems to return a EBADF and the PHP seems to call exit().

This is on a Sun Ultra 5 running Solaris 8 + the latest Maintenance Update + the latest Recommend Patch Cluster. PHP was compiled using gcc 2.95.4 snapshot (basically 2.95.3 + fixes).

The cgi_buffer.php script is basically stock, except I've had to rename the gzEncode() function to prevent conflicts.
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

3. jailbird

jailbird New Member

Sweet, I'll try it when I get to work tomorrow. I had one other related problem, but I won't remember what it was or what I did to fix it until I look at it tomorrow also :).

Man that was fast. Do you guys ever sleep? :)