[Resolved] Problem Installing Litespeed

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by SilentCoder, Sep 23, 2010.

1. SilentCoder

SilentCoder New Member

It says no such file or directory found. Do i have to open ports that are needed for litespeed to work?
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  2. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

very strange behavior at your server. so open ports or not may not help.

be sure you're run the commands as root.
  3. SilentCoder

SilentCoder New Member

yeh im logged in as root and ill try to open ports and see what happens after that.
  4. SilentCoder

SilentCoder New Member

How do you open ports? because i tried opening port and it doesnt seem to work unless im doing it wrong.
  5. Pipert

Pipert New Member

You need to edit IPTables.

cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-rhel-linux-open-port-using-iptables/
  6. SilentCoder

SilentCoder New Member

looks like my linux had Apache running but when i try to uninstall it there is no directory to be found. So it must be that problem. Does it matter if Apache is online? And its using port 80
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  7. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

you can configure lsws to listen to ports other than 80, so no conflict with apache. lsws and apache can run at the same time while listening to different ports.
  8. SilentCoder

SilentCoder New Member

looks like the permission is blocking the writing. How do i enable the writing?
  9. SilentCoder

SilentCoder New Member

Nvm i fixed the problem on my server and litespeed runs properly now. I have one question on how to enable mssql in php?
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  10. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

please share how did you fix the problem? others may experience same problem.
  11. SilentCoder

SilentCoder New Member

i fixed the problem by installing the 32bit libraries with the following command.

apt-get install ia32-libs

May i ask how to compile php5 with mssql and mysql connections in it? because my site needs mssql and mysql. Thx
  12. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

thanks. so you install 32-bit standard version on a 64-bit OS? your CPU should be x86_64, not ia64 :) ? output of "uname -a"?
  13. SilentCoder

SilentCoder New Member

Yes, As far as i know im using Debian-5.0 LAMP 64bit and i installed 32bit binary and it works.

Output of uname -a is Linux vpsname 2.6.18-028stab070.3 #1 SMP Wed Jul 21 18:33:27 MSD 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  14. Cool-R

Cool-R New Member

Can you Elaborate this for me?

I'm facing the same error but really have no clue.

Debian 64 bit.
  15. SilentCoder

SilentCoder New Member

well all you have to do is type apt-get install ia32-libs and that should fix the problem of litespeed installation.