upgraded from php 5.3 to php 5.4, mysql now not found

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by bangsters, Jun 8, 2014.

1. bangsters

bangsters Member

Hello. We have updated our php from 5.3 to 5.4. After completing the update, all sites with mysql databases are no longer working. We have compiled php with '--with-mysql' but still not working.

Any suggestions?
  2. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

any difference of compile option between 5.3 and 5.4 ?
    can check it by
    /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp-5.3.x -i |head
    /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp-5.4.x -i |head
  3. bangsters

bangsters Member

sorry for late reply. had other issues on the network that i had to take care of so I kinda put this aside.

anyway, i just used the same compile option with 5.3 and 5.4. It has '--with-mysql' option
  4. bangsters

bangsters Member

Looks like I'm stuck with this issue. I already tried the following:

--with-mysql -- compiled but no databases load when sites are opened, looks like mysqlnd is not working for 5.4 as phpinfo shows mysql is loaded with mysqlnd

--with-mysql=/usr/bin/mysql_config -- will not compile, error shows up saying it's no longer bundled
    --with-mysql=/usr --compiled but still not working..

I tried removing --with-mysql during compile, and added extension=/usr/lib64/php/modules/mysql.so in php.ini, still wouldn't work.

Am I missing anything? When I go back to 5.3.28 everything works fine, with 5.4 it doesn't work. Below is the php options I use based on what was suggested by some. Maybe something below is what's causing mysql to fail?? Any advice?

'--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--sysconfdir=/etc/conf/php/5.4.29' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/conf/php/5.4.29' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/conf/php/5.4.29/php.d' '--with-litespeed' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--without-pear' '--with-bz2' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-t1lib=/usr' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--without-mime-magic' '--without-sqlite' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--enable-xml' '--with-system-tzdata' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--enable-pcntl' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--enable-mbstring=shared' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-ncurses=shared' '--with-gd=shared' '--enable-bcmath=shared' '--enable-dba=shared' '--with-db4=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc=shared' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-ldap-sasl' '--with-mysql' '--with-mysqli=shared,/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--enable-dom=shared' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--enable-wddx=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--enable-soap=shared' '--with-xsl=shared,/usr' '--enable-xmlreader=shared' '--enable-xmlwriter=shared' '--with-curl=shared,/usr' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--with-pdo-odbc=shared,unixODBC,/usr' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-pdo-pgsql=shared,/usr' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared,/usr' '--enable-json=shared' '--enable-zip=shared' '--with-readline' '--with-ssh2' '--enable-dbase=shared' '--with-pspell=shared' '--with-mcrypt=shared,/usr' '--with-mhash=shared,/usr' '--with-tidy=shared,/usr' '--enable-sysvmsg=shared' '--enable-sysvshm=shared' '--enable-sysvsem=shared' '--enable-posix=shared' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--with-curl'
  5. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator