PHP Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required

semprot

Hello.

Suddenly i get lot of this error in error_log :
Code:
2018-04-05 08:32:47.370472 [NOTICE] [x.x.x.x:28043] [STDERR] PHP Fatal error:  Unknown: Failed opening required '/home/*****/public_html/*****.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/usr/share/pear') in Unknown on line 0
And looking at the cpanel account name, it happens only on accounts which use PHP 7.1.
On accounts which use PHP 7.0, there are no error messages.

This just happened since yesterday (because i noticed i experienced lot of HTTP 500 errors, so i started to check the log).

According to PHP 7.1 changelog, PHP 7.1.6 which i have at this moment was released 29 March (about 1 week ago).
So i am not sure if it is caused by latest PHP 7.1 incremental update or not.

If i changed the PHP on those accounts from PHP 7.1 to 7.0, there are no more error messages.
But when i switched back to 7.1, error messages are starting to appear again.

I have compared PHP.ini between 7.0 & 7.1, there is no difference.

Do you have any idea what should i check?

Thank you.

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
seems a little-wired issue and only happen to 7.1, but not 7.0. Is it a cpanel server? Does the error show when switching to apache? If apache ok, you can log a ticket with us by providing tmp root access for us to take a look.

semprot

@Pong : Yes it is a cpanel server.
I have not tried to use apache, because apache can't handle the load.
Only LSWS can :)

@MattW : Glad i'm not the only one to have this issue.
Then i think it is related with PHP 7.1.16?
Because i use EA 4, i think the PHP version is updated automatically and i don't know when EA 4 updated to 7.1.16.

MattW

@Pong : Yes it is a cpanel server.
I have not tried to use apache, because apache can't handle the load.
Only LSWS can :)

@MattW : Glad i'm not the only one to have this issue.
Then i think it is related with PHP 7.1.16?
Because i use EA 4, i think the PHP version is updated automatically and i don't know when EA 4 updated to 7.1.16.
Check the yum.log file in /var/log and it will show you when it was updated.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I figured out the root cause of this.
It is due to a bug in PHP LiteSpeed SAPI 7.0, which affects PHP suEXEC daemon mode.
You can either downgrade the PHP package to the one using LiteSpeed SAPI 6.11,
or switch to PHP suEXEC process group mode, by simply turning off the daemon mode
update /usr/local/lsws/conf/httpd_config.xml , change
<runOnStartUp>2</runOnStartUp>
to
<runOnStartUp>0</runOnStartUp>
We will release LiteSpeed SAPI 7.1 soon, but it is going take a while to have third party binary rpm packages updated.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
PHP LiteSpeed SAPI 7.1 has been released, it will take some time for other down-stream rpm packager to use the new code.
If you compile from source, you can do it now, otherwise, just wait. :)

MattW

I've set all my servers back to:
upload_2018-4-11_22-13-29.png
from suEXEC Daemon until the update is pushed, as I wanted to get the updated PHP versions on them.