Virtual host index file value not saving

zep

Ok, so I have this bad boy humming away (very fast) with the standard edition but I have an issue...

I have a php script as my index (index.php), but it does not load, instead litespeed is looking for index.html

as I understand this setting is available in two spots:

1) Virtual Hosts --> [my host] --> general --> Index Files

and

2) Configuration --> Server --> Index Files

when I set the first value in the virtual host and save it it displays fine, but when I switch tabs the value goes back to index.html.

so I dicided to set my master server configuration to index.php and set 'Use Server Index Files' in the virtual server area.

Problem is, when I switch tabs or reload the page the 'Use Server Index Files' value defaults back to NO

How can I get this to work? Is some configuration file in the server software not writable, or am I just going crazy?:eek:

Please help with my issue, Thanks!

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Looks like you do have a permission problem. Check the configuration file see if it changed?
If you install LSWS to your home directory, you may have this problem, install it to /opt/lsws or /usr/local/lsws.

zep

Looks like you do have a permission problem. Check the configuration file see if it changed?
Where is the configuration file, and what is it named, also should it be CHMOD to 777?

If you install LSWS to your home directory, you may have this problem, install it to /opt/lsws or /usr/local/lsws.
I did install it into the /opt/lsws directory ;)

Thanks for your help!

zep

I set this to 777, all permissions to everybody, but it still resets when I navigate away then come back, any more suggestions? Id hate to have to take this down because of such a silly, but important thing. Thanks for your input.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Have you tried to harden the security under the lsws directory? The default installation should work just fine. Maybe you should remove /opt/lsws directory and reinstall it from scratch.
You can manually change the lsws/conf/httpd_config.xml, the worst case.

zep

after CHMOD ing all the files in the conf directory (within the virtual host) everything works fine now, and I can change the persmissions back after editing:D