XCache & Suhosin

Hi,

Whenever I compile PHP with suhosin & XCache with Litespeed's php compile interface, at the end of the compile it tells me to input the following into my php.ini to install xcache and suhosin:

To enable the XCache opcode cache, please add the following to the end of your php.ini configuration file. In addition, you may need to use the View Log link above to determine the directory where your extensions are installed and add the directory to the extensions path in your php.ini configuration file.

extension=xcache.so

To enable the Suhosin extension, please add the following to the end of your php.ini configuration file. In addition, you may need to use the View Log link above to determine the directory where your extensions are installed and add the directory to the extensions path in your php.ini configuration file.

extension=suhosin.so

I do that but when I check stderr.log the following error shows:

2008-08-21 14:17:28.281 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './xcache.so' - ./xcache.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './suhosin.so' - ./suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './xcache.so' - ./xcache.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './suhosin.so' - ./suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './xcache.so' - ./xcache.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './suhosin.so' - ./suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 02008-08-21 14:17:43.490 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './xcache.so' - ./xcache.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './suhosin.so' - ./suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 02008-08-21 14:34:42.078 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './xcache.so' - ./xcache.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './suhosin.so' - ./suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0sh: which: command not found

Basically, I see this error, I am guessing suhosin and XCache isnt configured properly. What can I do to make these run properly, if they currently arent?

Bob

IrPr

Hi,

Whenever I compile PHP with suhosin & XCache with Litespeed's php compile interface, at the end of the compile it tells me to input the following into my php.ini to install xcache and suhosin:

To enable the XCache opcode cache, please add the following to the end of your php.ini configuration file. In addition, you may need to use the View Log link above to determine the directory where your extensions are installed and add the directory to the extensions path in your php.ini configuration file.

extension=xcache.so

To enable the Suhosin extension, please add the following to the end of your php.ini configuration file. In addition, you may need to use the View Log link above to determine the directory where your extensions are installed and add the directory to the extensions path in your php.ini configuration file.

extension=suhosin.so

I do that but when I check stderr.log the following error shows:

2008-08-21 14:17:28.281 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './xcache.so' - ./xcache.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './suhosin.so' - ./suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './xcache.so' - ./xcache.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './suhosin.so' - ./suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './xcache.so' - ./xcache.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './suhosin.so' - ./suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 02008-08-21 14:17:43.490 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './xcache.so' - ./xcache.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './suhosin.so' - ./suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 02008-08-21 14:34:42.078 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './xcache.so' - ./xcache.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './suhosin.so' - ./suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0sh: which: command not found

Basically, I see this error, I am guessing suhosin and XCache isnt configured properly. What can I do to make these run properly, if they currently arent?

Bob
You need to set extension_dir directive in php.ini
on my CentOS 5.1 box its located at /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613 directory

i tought that would be same dir for your box, but you can use updatedb && locate xcache.so to find that

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You need to set extension_dir directive in php.ini
on my CentOS 5.1 box its located at /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613 directory

i tought that would be same dir for your box, but you can use updatedb && locate xcache.so to find that
Or, just do not set "extension_dir" at all. :)