Admin Web Console Login Problem

Hey,

First time user, just installed LSWS tonight. Using enterprise edition. I tried resetting the info for the admin login here: /usr/local/lsws/admin/miscadmpass.sh But that did nothing. I went from getting a "invalid login" error, to no error, just looks like a page refresh. I was having some permissions errors, so set the right ones there, and it's not throwing any errors now, but that's not to say all the permissions are right.

Can someone help me, maybe walk me through the troubleshooting steps?

Also, any important post-install steps I should do?

Thanks!

robfrew

Can you explain the permission problems you had and how you fixed them? Maybe you didn't change them correctly or all the way. Also, if you can give a little background on how the issue started, that would help too.

Can you explain the permission problems you had and how you fixed them? Maybe you didn't change them correctly or all the way. Also, if you can give a little background on how the issue started, that would help too.
Well, during the install there were a few "permission denied" errors, and I just chmodded those files to 755. I don't know how it started. I uploaded the lsws-4.0.9 folder to the root of my server, and ran the installer.

Hope that helps a little... :confused:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
If you install LSWS to a user's home directory, and the user's home directory has permission mask 0700 or 0750, you could have this problem unless you run lshttpd as this user. you should install it to /usr/local/lsws or /opt/lsws if you have root.

robfrew

Have you actually configured LSWS after installing or have you not been able to log in at all since install?

If it's the latter, I would recommend that you delete the newly created installed LSWS directory and try reintalling.

Make sure you are root when you install. During install, it will ask you where you wish to install LSWS, I put mine in /opt/lsws. Try that.

Okay, so I upload and unpack the lsws-4.0.9 to "/" then run the installer and specify "/opt/lsws", or I put it directly in "/opt/lsws"?

Thanks for the help!

robfrew

What I would recommend you do for anything you upload/download to your server is put them in a folder separate from root, such as, create a directory under '/opt' called 'pkgs'. Then put all of your downloads into '/opt/pkgs' and unpack them from there.

Once you unpack LSWS, change to the unpacked directory and run './install.sh' as root. Then, when the installer starts and asks you which directory to install to, specify '/opt/lsws' and it will install there.