Swapping between Apache and LSWS

MikeDVB

I know that you can do this on the fly in the LSWS Admin CP but I was wondering from others experiences what was the best Apache configuration to allow swapping between the two without causing PHP issues.

I'd been running suPHP so long I cannot remember which php configuration for Apache allows php_flag and php_value - I was thinking DSO.

I'm also looking at bringing Apache online on a secondary port for testing (something other than 80) but I've not looked into it in any real depth so if anybody has any suggestions on that I am all ears as it will prevent my need of swapping between LSWS/Apache :)

Thanks

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
suPHP does not support php_value, php_flag in .htaccess, it uses php.ini for that account. php_value and php_flag is safer as certain PHP configurations are not allowed.
Litespeed can be configured to use the per user php.ini via PHPRC environment variable in lsphp5 external app configuration.

If you want to run Apache and LSWS in parallel, you can use our "Port Offset" feature. You can change the official Apache port to something like "78" with tweek configuration in WHM, then set "Port Offset" to 2, so LSWS will run at port 80.
The same for HTTPS port.

MikeDVB

If you want to run Apache and LSWS in parallel, you can use our "Port Offset" feature. You can change the official Apache port to something like "78" with tweek configuration in WHM, then set "Port Offset" to 2, so LSWS will run at port 80.
The same for HTTPS port.
Exactly what I was looking for :)

I would like to do this on my test server so that I can compare the two as-needed.