Caching(reverse proxy) function?

Hello,

1. Is there any planning to support reverse proxy like squid caching?

2. I would like to install it at Opteron 64 bit CPU based, work well?

Thanks.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Yes, squid like cache proxy is planed, our 32bit binary works well on 64bit OS, the 32bit compatible library is required, it available on almost all Linux distributions.

When reverse proxy function would be supported?

Yes, squid like cache proxy is planed, our 32bit binary works well on 64bit OS, the 32bit compatible library is required, it available on almost all Linux distributions.
Hello, mistwang.

Thanks for your answer.
Can you answer when litespeed would support reverse proxy(or http accelerator mode like squid) function?
How long should I wait? ;)

Thanks for your kin answer again.

Last edited:
about reverse caching

We will start working on it soon, should be ready in two months if everything goes well.
Hello..mistwang

So sorry for bothering you..
I have visited this site daily for two months to confirm reverse caching function. :)

Is it going well to develop reverse caching function or not?
Can we meet this function at litespeed in year of 2006?

Thanks ....

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
Caching will be a part of the LoadBalancer product currently in final beta-testing and not part of the Web Server editions. The caching feature is on the map for the second point release of the LoadBalancer v1.2 and will likely be in very early 2007.

Last edited:
Hello,

I would like to CDN using litespeed Ent version, So I need caching function like squid cache. But squid is not fast as LSWS.

So can I using LSWS for CDN?
and i would like to know about LoadBalancer as you referred.

Thanks for your time..

Caching will be a part of the LoadBalancer product currently in final beta-testing and not part of the Web Server editions. The caching feature is on the map for the second point release of the LoadBalancer v1.2 and will likely be in very early 2007.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
We are little behind schedule. LoadBalancer 1.0 will be announced sometime in next week. And the cache will be available about a month later.