LS Cache + WordPress

04nunhucks

Hello,

I'm using imported vhosts via cPanel/LS, and trying to setup LS Cache. Problem is, when adding one particular line to my htaccess file, the thing fails: RewriteRule (.*\.php)?$

NiteWave

Administrator
rewrite rules from w3total cache take priority in your .htaccess, so the rewrite rule you added won't reach at all.

both w3total cache and lsws cache are page cache to cache wordpress pages, you only need one at a time, not both.

04nunhucks

rewrite rules from w3total cache take priority in your .htaccess, so the rewrite rule you added won't reach at all.

both w3total cache and lsws cache are page cache to cache wordpress pages, you only need one at a time, not both.
Which one would you suggest I keep? Which one is better/faster?

NiteWave

Administrator
I suggest you to keep w3total since it's out of box solution.

lsws page cache is a general cache function, to have it work perfectly with wordpress, need some extra work to customize the rewrite rules.

04nunhucks

I suggest you to keep w3total since it's out of box solution.

lsws page cache is a general cache function, to have it work perfectly with wordpress, need some extra work to customize the rewrite rules.
Thanks NiteWave.

I seem to having a small issue with LS though.. some pages seem to take quite a while to load, it seems sporadic.

04nunhucks

Can you be more specific? is it like a page takes long time at one point and ok at a different time? It could be cache expired, etc.
Overall, my website just feels a bit sluggish.

Well, I've disabled W3 Total Cache.

What I do, is visit a few pages, using the navigation bar, but once I'm on the Contact Me page, when I try to go back to the home page, the browser sends the request, then it hangs for a bit, then loads the page.

Any ideas?

This happens with or without W3 Total Cache, so it's not that.

website, http://shamil.la

webizen

The contact me page shows error as below. However, go back to the home page (http://shamil.la) from that page isn't slow to me. maybe it is user specific issue such as user network, etc.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagetypes() in /home/shamil/public_html/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/modules/captcha.php on line 338

webizen

The home page doesn't seem to be served from LS cache but W3 Total Cache..

Anything served out of LS cache has "X-LiteSpeed-Cache: hit" in its response header. This one does not have such response header.
Accept-Ranges:bytes
Cache-Control: public, must-revalidate, proxy-revalidate, max-age=-67335
Connection:close
Content-Encoding:gzip
Content-Length:3272
Content-Type:text/html; charset=UTF-8
Date:Wed, 01 Jun 2011 20:37:36 GMT
Etag:"cc8-4de58df9-0"
Expires:Wed, 01 Jun 2011 01:55:21 GMT
Last-Modified:Wed, 01 Jun 2011 00:55:21 GMT
Pragma: public
Server:LiteSpeed
Vary:Accept-Encoding
X-Powered-By:W3 Total Cache/0.9.2.2

04nunhucks

The home page doesn't seem to be served from LS cache but W3 Total Cache..

Anything served out of LS cache has "X-LiteSpeed-Cache: hit" in its response header. This one does not have such response header.
W3 Total cache has been disabled a loong time ago, just before I posted about it being slow. All plugins have been disabled since then.

LS Cache was only recently turned off, and the error went. FWIW, I wasn't getting the error in Safari (MAC), but Firefox, (MAC) was, and it could see a cached version of the page.

webizen

turn off FF browser cache to see any difference.

Following is the response header received in Firefox (Mac). Still served from W3 Total Cache.
Content-Encoding: gzip
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 22:46:36 GMT
Server: LiteSpeed
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Connection: close
Etag: "cc8-4de58df9-0"
Last-Modified: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 00:55:21 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Length: 3272
Pragma: public
Cache-Control: public, must-revalidate, proxy-revalidate, max-age=-75075