How to install mysql with PHP 5.2.17

Mr_Parham

Hi
i tried i think everything but i cant get the mysql to work :(
i'm using cpanel and i'm pretty new to litespeed
can anyone tell me what do i need to put in Configure Parameters so the mysql work :(

and the other thing i have a question about is,is it possible to disable php 4 fully as i dont think i need it, if it is, how can i do that

Thanks in advance
Parham

Mr_Parham

just build matching PHP from WHM LSWS plugin.
when i try to access that it just load up a blank page, now i'm trying to remove it (so i can install it again), it dont let me either =/

================================================
root@srv1 [/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc]# ./uninstall.sh

WARNING:

All sub directories under "/usr/local/lsws"
created during installation will be removed!
However, conf/ and logs/ can be optionally preserved.
If you want to preserve any file under the other sub-directories created
by installation script, please backup before proceeding.

Manually created sub-directories under "/usr/local/lsws"
will not be touched.

Do you want to uninstall LiteSpeed Web Server? [y/N]y

LiteSpeed web server is running, it must be stopped in order to continue
uninstallation.

Would you like to stop it now? [Y/n]Y

[ERROR] litespeed is not running.

Failed to stop server, uninstallation abort!
================================================

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Make sure you did not install mysql-* rpm, If you do, you have to unisntall them. cpanel must use MySQL-*.rpm from cPanel.
switch back to Apache, then run cpeasyapache. then build matching PHP.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
If "litespeed" is running, you can use command

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd uninstall
service httpd start

to switch back to apache.
then, you can remove /usr/local/lsws directory, then start over.

Mr_Parham

If "litespeed" is running, you can use command

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd uninstall
service httpd start

to switch back to apache.
then, you can remove /usr/local/lsws directory, then start over.
ok, i uninstalled it and installed it back again, now some of the websites dont load, AND still the whm plugin have problem
i gave up, i was going to test this webserver and if it was any good change all of my servers webserver to it, but seems like i should stick with apache

Mr_Parham

btw is there anywhere who install the litespeed with good price, i really thing litespeed is much more better webserver compare to apache, but i have to test it before switching =/

Mr_Parham

PM a temp root access, I can take a look if you want. The WHM plugin should not break. which version of cPanel are you using?
Sent :)

you can get volume discount if you need more than 4
licenses.
i have around 26 server which are all base on cpanel (Apache), i installed it on one of my servers to test for 3-4 month, and if it works even just 1% better thn apache i will switch them all :)

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
WHM plugin works properly for me.
Just login to WHM, go to "plugins"->"LiteSpeed Web Server", then click "Build Matching PHP Binary" link. If you still have problem let us know.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
i have around 26 server which are all base on cpanel (Apache), i installed it on one of my servers to test for 3-4 month, and if it works even just 1% better thn apache i will switch them all :)
Once you know how to setup it up properly, put it on your busiest server, you will be amazed by the result, unless all of your servers are under loaded.

Mr_Parham

Once you know how to setup it up properly, put it on your busiest server, you will be amazed by the result, unless all of your servers are under loaded.
i tested the plugin on another workstation and it work perfectly fine, seems like a cashing issue because of my browser
this server have the highest load as it have rapidleech on it, if litespeed can bring this server load down thn no way i go back to apache !

Thanks for your help btw

Mr_Parham

seems like litespeed cant handle the load of this server either, i configured it BUT it seems to restart itself as soon as the load go a bit higher (i am the only person having the root access to this server so no one is restarting it, i checked it several times but the uptime keep restarting which show me that as soon as it get high load it restart itself)

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
checked the server, it is cpanel request graceful restart every 2 hours, maybe for log rotation, check
/usr/local/cpanel/logs/safeapacherestart_log

anewday

i tested the plugin on another workstation and it work perfectly fine, seems like a cashing issue because of my browser
this server have the highest load as it have rapidleech on it, if litespeed can bring this server load down thn no way i go back to apache !

Thanks for your help btw
Did you enable AIO? It helps a lot with iowait.