No ipv6 addresses to select for listener

raphidae

I wanted to create an ipv6 listener, but there are no ipv6 addresses in the 'IP Address' dropdown box to select.

It's the standard edition, but I didn't see the standard edition being limited to ipv4 only in the comparison. I have several enterprise editions on similar systems already using ipv6.

What could be causing lsws not to see any ipv6 on the system?

Lsws is 4.1.10/4.1.11 on FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE #22: Sun Jan 29 07:28:03 CET 2012.

webizen

Don't see problem in our lab which is build out of vanilla FreeBSD8.2 iso.

Freebsd8-32bit# uname -a
FreeBSD Freebsd8-32bit.litespeedtech.com 8.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE #0: Fri Feb 18 02:24:46 UTC 2011 root@almeida.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

maybe your FreeBSD is a different build?

raphidae

Freebsd8-32bit# uname -a
FreeBSD Freebsd8-32bit.litespeedtech.com 8.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE #0: Fri Feb 18 02:24:46 UTC 2011 root@almeida.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

I'm using 8-STABLE, same as our production servers that have no problem with ipv6 listeners.

But am I to understand that I'm not hitting a limit of the fee version? If you can confirm that I'll do some more debugging and report back.

raphidae

Freebsd8-32bit# uname -a

Well, usually you'd upgrade after installing a -RELEASE, so I'm quite sure that nobody uses the same build as you do on a production server.

I recommend testing against both 8-STABLE and 9-CURRENT in the future.

Also, the machine I'm having this problem on is amd64.

raphidae

was assuming you tested std version (32bit) on 32bit system. we are able to reproduce your issue in our lab. it is likely an issue with 32bit compat layer. will address that later.

you can use 64bit std version (http://www.litespeedtech.com/packages/lsws-4.1.12-std-x86_64-freebsd6.tar.gz) for the time being.
Yes, this fixes the problem. Is a x64 Std version something that will be generally available or just as workaround? I do not see it on the download page.

Last edited: