LSAPI PHP Handler config / stats questions

I'm running LSWS 4.2.1 with 'LiteSpeed API' PHP handler and I have a couple newb questions:
1. If I want to compile PHP with LSAPI should I choose the version of PHP that I currently have compiled in Apache?

2. When I look at the 'real-time stats' I see the following as my top process:
type: LSAPI / name: APVH_lastspar_Suphp

This makes sense for the user 'lastspar' but I'm curious why it shows 'suphp' since I'm running FCGI in Apache and SUEXEC in LSWS.

I'd be grateful if someone could help me understand this stuff.

Thanks

NiteWave

Administrator
1. If I want to compile PHP with LSAPI should I choose the version of PHP that I currently have compiled in Apache?
you don't have to, but it's a good practice we recommend. building lsphp with same compile options and same version php with apache, once any issue with lsphp, you can switch back to apache, see if same issue exist. if exist, then fixing it at apache side, then rebuild matching lsphp again to reflect the fix. if not exist, then it's a lsphp specific issue.

it's just a name convention. typically there 3 sorts of php in apache: mod_php, suPHP, fastcgi php, but there's only 1 sort of php in litepeed, i.e., lsphp.
please refer:
http://blog.litespeedtech.com/2010/...ving-simple-php-litespeed-vs-apache-vs-nginx/
for more details regarding these phps.

webizen

I'm running LSWS 4.2.1 with 'LiteSpeed API' PHP handler and I have a couple newb questions:
Yes, you should. It can be done via Build Matching PHP under LSWS plugin.

This makes sense for the user 'lastspar' but I'm curious why it shows 'suphp' since I'm running FCGI in Apache and SUEXEC in LSWS.

I'd be grateful if someone could help me understand this stuff.

Thanks
'_suPHP' tail name just means PHP handler is run as each user (like lastspar, etc) since you have PHP suEXEC enabled in LSWS. It doesn't matter if you use FCGI or suPHP in Apache.