Error compiling php 5.3.21 (cannot find --ltdl)

Error compiling php 5.3.21 & 5.2.17 (libiconv)

Hey. I have been using litespeed on my server for over a year.
I'am now trying to install litespeed on another server and after many issues im getting one more error while compiling php. I did search enough but haven't resolved it yet. Im having this problem both when i try to setup php 5.3.21 & 5.2.17

Code:
/
ext/iconv/iconv.o:/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.21/ext/iconv/iconv.c:2545: more undefined references to `libiconv' follow
ext/iconv/iconv.o: In function `php_iconv_stream_filter_ctor':
/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.21/ext/iconv/iconv.c:2499: undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/encodings.o: In function `convert':
/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.21/ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/encodings.c:73: undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.21/ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/encodings.c:81: undefined reference to `libiconv'
/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.21/ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/encodings.c:101: undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [sapi/litespeed/php] Error 1
**ERROR** Could not compile PHP

Last edited:

webizen

Hi.. I have already done that. Still getting the same error.

Try ldconfig.

Also, try exclude iconv from compile with '--without-iconv' to work around if you don't really need iconv.

If still problem, pm your server temp access if you like us to look further.

Try ldconfig.

Also, try exclude iconv from compile with '--without-iconv' to work around if you don't really need iconv.

If still problem, pm your server temp access if you like us to look further.
I need to run a wordpress blog on the server. Also i had tried ldconfig before.
Im now trying to compile php without-iconv. I think i'am able to install php modules without recompiling php. Ill edit this soon for more news.
Thanks for the fast responses mate.

Edit: I did add --without-iconv and it's still giving the same error.

Last edited: