[solved] Downgrade 1-CPU licence to Utra VPS

edigest

I have a 1-CPU license on a VPS with 4GB RAM but it won't upgrade to 4.2.2. Tells me I have to upgrade my license to a 1-CPU license. (AFAIK, it is a 1-CPU license. I assume a VPS license will not run on a system with 4GB RAM. The license was purchased and installed through a 3rd party.)

I would like to upgrade to an Ultra VPS, but I can't get 4.2.2 to upgrade.

What is my best course to upgrade my current license to an Ultra VPS.

I am also considering a 2-CPU license for the caching. Can I install a trial 2-CPU license over the current setup?

Last edited by a moderator:

edigest

Yes, you can install a trial license for the time being. You may pm your current license for us to investigate.
Thanks for that.

My LiteSpeed is integrated with CPanel. It isn't clear from the Wiki, so I just want to be clear on this:

I need only change the license in the LiteSpeed Admin and upgrade (which will install 2-CPU)? No need to rebuilt a matching PHP binary?

webizen

Thanks for that.

My LiteSpeed is integrated with CPanel. It isn't clear from the Wiki, so I just want to be clear on this:

I need only change the license in the LiteSpeed Admin and upgrade (which will install 2-CPU)? No need to rebuilt a matching PHP binary?
That's correct. Just change the license via the plugin gui and NO need to rebuild matching PHP.