Rails development env, LSAPI, white screen on redirects

inspirix

Im having some odd issue where redirects in the development environment result in a white page rendered and the logs show that the redirect was not followed (redirected to action never hit).

This is with 3.2.2 and ruby-lsapi 2.7, in rails development environment

Production does not seem to have the same issue. Is this a known issue, or configuration issue?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
The only difference between production and development environment is how RAILS_ENV as populated.
So, if it works with production environment but not for development, I think it is a rails internal issue.

inspirix

The only difference between production and development environment is how RAILS_ENV as populated.
So, if it works with production environment but not for development, I think it is a rails internal issue.

If I turn off Gzip compression completely at the server level the issue doesnt seem to happen. Are there specific recommended gzip setting for use with rails?

Also to be noted, to make this even stranger, Safari did NOT have the problem with gzip ON. Firefox was not following redirects with gzip on though (white screen).

With gzip OFF everything works as expected in the logs and using both safari and firefox. Sounds like a bunch of odd contributing factors. If you do have any knowledge though of gzip having odd effects and how to fix though, that would be excellent.