[Resolved] LiteSpeed PHP permissions conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

P1X3

I have setup a virtual host in user's domain.com home directory and installed wordpress. Everything works great with permissions 775.

Now the problem is wordpress can't automatically install plugins, themes, or perform any modifications to files at all. I looked at similar posts and people suggest that php is running as a user that doesn't have access to folder.

I think this can be solved if I allow user that is running php to access wordpress root location. But how do I find what user is running php? In litespeed admin panel server is running as nobody, so does that mean that php is running as nobody as well? If that is the case then I might have to upgrade litespeed to change run-as user.

Edit:
Setting permissions of a folder that wordpress works with to 0777 solves the issue, however I would rather not have any 0777 files&folders.

Last edited by a moderator:

NiteWave

Administrator
But how do I find what user is running php?
ps -ef |grep lsphp
to find which user run lsphp

If that is the case then I might have to upgrade litespeed to change run-as user.
yes, you can configure litespeed to have lsphp run as which user/group.

Last edited by a moderator:

P1X3

I see. Thank you for fast support. I had to change run-as user.

I noticed a minor problem or maybe just small inconvenience.
I tried upgrade option with a hope that it would let me enter run-as user, but unfortunately it did not.
So I had to select re-install which then allowed me to enter run-as user, yet configurations were reset in the progress.
Running install.sh as sudo/root.

Status
Not open for further replies.