Lsws 4.2.5, php lsapi 6.4

theRKF

I'm sorry to surface this issue again, but I'm still not getting a good grasp on the best implementation for our situation and I'm hoping to clarify.

Understanding that:
  • We have a dedicated server running CentOS
  • Using WHM/cPanel
  • Multiple versions of PHP
  • We have to compile PHP via command line

PHP 5.4.21 (latest in the 5.4.x branch) is still shipping with LSAPI 5.5.

Clearly there have to be benefits from upgrading LSAPI to 6.4.

I've tried downloading 6.4 and unzipping into the PHP source folder as instructed, but that always generates errors during configure/make.

What else do I need to do when compiling PHP to make use of the latest LSAPI version?

wanah

Last time I tried that (with LSAPI 6.3) I didn't get any erros, nor did I do anything special other than replace the LSAPI 5.5 files and compile with the --with-litespeed option.

What errors are you getting ?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You can use the "build PHP" feature from LSWS web console. it will apply latest LSAPI.
When you apply LSAPI 6.4, you only need to copy over *.c and *.h, do not change Makefile.frag and config.m4 .

wanah

This means that you have a matching php version but not necessaraly the latest lsapi.

We had the same so we just ran "Build matching php version" and it recompiled php with the new lsapi without going through all the easyapache process.

theRKF

Last time I tried that (with LSAPI 6.3) I didn't get any erros, nor did I do anything special other than replace the LSAPI 5.5 files and compile with the --with-litespeed option.

What errors are you getting ?
I just tried again with LSAPI 6.6

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `litespeed', needed by `all'.  Stop.
root@server [/usr/src/php-5.4.22]#
FYI: Because of the nature of our server setup I have to compile via command line.

Here's my configure command:
Code:
'./configure' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-intl' '--enable-libxml'  '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--enable-soap' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-zip' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-curl=/opt/curlssl/' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--with-icu-dir=/usr' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-libexpat-dir=/usr' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mcrypt=/opt/libmcrypt/' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-openssl-dir=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/opt/pcre' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared' '--with-pic' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--with-xsl=/opt/xslt/' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr' '--with-litespeed' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config'

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
when you manually apply LSAPI 6.6 code to sapi/litespeed, only copy over *.c *.h, do not change other files.
Or, use LSWS web console to prepare the code for you.