JavaScript not changing.

Matthew_K

I'm not sure why or how, but for some very odd reason my java isn't changing.

I have a search routine that works fine in all browsers except IE (of course) and returns Undefined for IE. Not a problem. So I went into my Java to trouble shoot it, changed a few things, and went to test. Same result. After doing this for a while I decided to add an alert() to the function to check if something is being triggered... No alert was fired. So at this point, I'm thinking that there is a duplicate script or function name somewhere. There isn't. I've commented out the entire function and it still is unchanged. I opened up the page in a fresh browser and it STILL isn't changed... So now I think it's a static files that's been cached by the server and the server doesn't want to let go of it.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Matt.
Edit/Delete Message

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Please try a command line tool to download the script like

lynx -mime_header URL
wget URL

LSWS should update its cache when a file has been changed. Sometimes browser caches it.

Matthew_K

After disabling GZIP, all my JavaScript files changed to what they should be now...

Any suggestions? Honestly, I don't need gZip compression yet. But as the site starts taking on more and more bandwidth draws, gZip would be nice.

Matthew_K

I did... And like I said, I tried different browsers that had never been to that page. I was also being paranoid and tried it from a fresh Windows XP install on a virtual machine and there was no change. But like I said, after removing GZip compression, the new java was working fine.

Note that changes made to any PHP or HTML went through fine. Only JavaScript was an issue.

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
LSWS update gzip cache based on the timestamp of the origianl file and the gzip file in the cache. So, you can check the modified time of that java script file, if it has been changed, the gzipped file should be changed as well.

Try
"touch <javascript file>"
to update the timestamp.