Proper LScache setup for 1-CPU VPS running cPanel/WHM with 4 wordpress sites?

I'm so sorry guys and I hate to ask questions that you guys have already listed answers to. I read all the documentation and all the support forums and either I'm lacking technical understanding or can't to decipher which method to use.

How should I set up LScache?
The more I read, the more confusing it gets...and my sys admin doesn't have much experience with LScache. Could any of you point me in the right direction?

Thank you so much - Johnny

NiteWave

Administrator
for new installation, please follow
this is our goal -- if all can be done in GUI, that's ideal.
I think
is more for old installations -- lscache feature is introduced on lsws 4.0(March 2009. per release log: https://www.litespeedtech.com/products/litespeed-web-server/release-log-archive). since then we's continue to improve it. initially the set up is rather complex and tricky and no lscache for wordpress plugin. so there are various lscache configurations. above script to fix various old configurations to current standard way.

Yes, the next step is to install lscache for wordpress. you can use the wordpress stand way to install lscache plugin or use https://www.litespeedtech.com/suppo...speed_wiki:cpanel:whm-plugin-lscwp-management to install. for your 4 wordpress sites, that's not much difference.

I'm also using WP Simple Cache as my php/object cache plugin right now. It's also doing the page caching for me which I assume would be deferred to LScache.
you're right. lscache plugin can work with other cache plugins -- all these settings are handled in lscache plugin. as we hope all can settle down in the GUI. it's in active develop status and already very powerful, feature rich. of course, if you have any specific new issues, usually our plugin developer can quickly identify the cause and provide solution quickly.

Thank you so much, NiteWave. My server guy is telling me that we can't install LScache in WHM because we're still only Litespeed Web Server Enterprise 5.0.18 and LScache needs 5.1.x or higher. He says he doesn't know how to upgrade it. I went into the LiteSpeed web admin console and it shows the install version AND latest release as being 5.0.18. What can I do from here? Do I choose "force reinstall" as shown in this guide? http://server.expertboxing.com:7080/docs/install.html

If you or anyone else who can help me with this is available for hire, that would be great.
Johnny

I'm open for that but would like to know how long it would take. All I need is to update LiteSpeed, and then install LS cache. The WordPress plugin, my programmer or I can do it ourselves.

Hedloff

Upgrade trough GUI or SSH takes 30 seconds! LScache depends on your setup, but normally it takes me about 15 minutes to setup.
Here is our setup:

Server level /tmp/
LS recommend: /home/lscache/

VHost level
lscache/$vh_domain*
LS recommend:
lscache*
You should have a sysadmin for your server and that should be something they also can do for you as it's not that difficult....

You're gonna laugh but I don't operate from the command line. And while I can copy-paste...I've got this fear WHAT IF my server guy did things unconventionally and put things in non-standard directories and what not. I'm afraid of messing up. But ok...thanks for letting me know this is a quick enough task.

Hedloff

I understand, but if you got time and backup aswell I would give it a try. You cannot learn anything if you don't try and fail ;)
If you don't dare, pay someone to do it for you :)

Thanks everyone, I got everything to install. But now it's not performing as well as I hoped. Upon initial load (uncached), things are really slow. Once cached however, it's still a tad slower than with my WP Simple Cache plugin. Lots of tinkering to do...