Cant Make QUIC Get Working

Deepblue

Hello,
I've enabled Quic form LS Web Server Admin Panel

And i've opened 443 port for udp from firewall and csf
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT

And here is the result (its blue, not green)

What am i doing wrong?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Looks like google is doing something to the chrome. my chrome's QUIC was disabled all of sudden.
You can go to chrome://flags/, change "Experimental QUIC protocol" from "Default" to "On" .
If you use different IP, you need to check "netstat -anp" to make litespeed is listen on UDP <IP>:443 .

Deepblue

Looks like google is doing something to the chrome. my chrome's QUIC was disabled all of sudden.
You can go to chrome://flags/, change "Experimental QUIC protocol" from "Default" to "On" .
If you use different IP, you need to check "netstat -anp" to make litespeed is listen on UDP <IP>:443 .
Thank you very much, after enabling Experimental QUIC protocol from Chrome it seems to be working now. Could you confirm it for me please? I've sent you my website link via p.m.
Regards

Hedloff

Could you also send the website in pm to me and I can also check it from here?
We also had the same issue, but the solution was to change from Default to ON and then it started to work again for us.

Michael A

Administrator
Staff member
At the moment I think it is available for Chrome, Chromium, and Opera (not enabled by default). No idea when FireFox etc will follow suit.

Deepblue

Its really weird. Quic is enabled/on at both site (Chrome and LS Web Admin Panel) though that sometimes it works sometimes suddenly stop to working and then work again. This happening over and over again.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
chrome remember to use QUIC for a domain for a day or so.
The next day, you try access the site, the first request could be in HTTP/2, next request will switch to QUIC protocol.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
force refresh, or click a link to reload, the page maybe cached by the browser, you need to press "CTRL" or "SHIFT" to load the page.

Deepblue

force refresh, or click a link to reload, the page maybe cached by the browser, you need to press "CTRL" or "SHIFT" to load the page.
Unfortunately none of these works. Still indicator is blue, i've refreshed the page so many times with CTRL+F5 and CTRL+SHIFT+R.
Also i tried load the page with CTRL and SHIFT, thats not working aswell.

Edit: Just realized that i'm getting this error at my LS Web Admin Panel:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
When I access the site, the second refresh will change the color to green.
If there is a failure with QUIC, chrome will remember it and not try QUIC when you refresh. close chrome completely, then start again, chrome will try QUIC again.
We need to figure out the invalid ACK issue if it happen repeatedly.