Differences Between 5.0 and 5.1?

raymond

Hello,

I see that 5.0 is still being maintained even though 5.1 is already available.
May I know what are the differences between the 2 versions and why should one continue using 5.0?

Is it because 5.1 has additional features but 5.0 is theoretically faster than 5.1?

Thanks.

sahostking

You think its ready web hosting companies to use 5.1? Are there some web hosting providers using it? I really like the improvement on mod security but very afraid to trial it on production server. Can't trial it on test server as need live domains to test to see true result.

NiteWave

Administrator
yes, 5.1 has running on some ISP's production servers and we have fixed some bugs base on their report.

since it's easy to switch between different version, it's almost 0 risk to install 5.1.
you can closely monitor for 1~2 hours, and switch to 5.0 when you leave.
by switch to 5.1 early, you may find bugs which is critical to you and we can fix it quickly.

tina

Quick question — the last 2 releases for 5.0.x (5.0.15 and 5.0.16) have no corresponding releases for 5.1.x, and contain bug fixes. Does this mean those bugs do not affect 5.1.x, or that they have not yet been fixed for 5.1.x?

bobykus

For me difference is in mod_security emulation. 5.1 can pass files to clamav using @inspectFile. The rest difference is minor.