4.0.19 unable to remove example virtual host or override

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by fantasydreaming, Jan 29, 2011.

  1. fantasydreaming

    fantasydreaming Well-Known Member

    I've tried reinstalling several time, restarting, etc.

    I add a new virtual host, point it to my rails app, add the rails context, delete the 'example' virtual host. Restart it, and the status page still shows the example context listening on the main port, and shows 'reboot required' next to my new rails virtual host.

    Clicking over the view the virtual hosts shows only my new one. Editing the vhconf file directly shows it still there.

    Needless to say, this has been an extremely frustrating few hours :(

  2. webizen

    webizen Well-Known Member

    Is 4.0.19 an upgrade or fresh install? On OSX platform? What's the owner and permission of conf (e.g. /usr/local/lsws/conf)?
  3. fantasydreaming

    fantasydreaming Well-Known Member

    Fresh install.

    Same owner as everything else (my user account).

    I moved the directory out of the way, installed 4.0.18, and was able to get that working.

    It seems the main problem was that adding my own virtual host to the listener wasn't overriding the 'example' on the main listener. Even when I tried to delete the example virtual host.

    I'm also trying to get it to work with rails 3, so my application wasn't actually starting properly (because the lsapi ruby seems to only work with rails 2 so far). But still I think it should have given me the 502 timeout rather than showing the example virtual host...
  4. mistwang

    mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

    Maybe there is a permission problem with updating the configuration file.

    Try installing 4.0.19, then use 4.0.18's admin console code,
    change the symbolic link under lsws/admin/html from html.4.0.19 to html.4.0.18 .

    did you install LSWS with sudo from xterm?
  5. fantasydreaming

    fantasydreaming Well-Known Member

    Didn't use sudo. The config is all in /conf right?

    lsws ➤ ll conf
    total 72
    drwx------ 2 inspire staff 68 Jan 28 18:20 cert
    drwx------ 5 inspire staff 170 Jan 28 18:20 templates
    -rw------- 1 inspire staff 3940 Jan 28 18:20 mime.properties
    drwxr-xr-x 20 inspire staff 680 Jan 28 18:20 ..
    -rw-r--r--@ 1 inspire staff 10278 Jan 28 18:23 httpd_config.xml.bak
    -rw-r--r-- 1 inspire staff 10552 Jan 28 18:38 httpd_config.xml
    -rw-r--r-- 1 inspire staff 3353 Jan 28 20:41 ap.xml.bak
    -rw-r--r-- 1 inspire staff 3334 Jan 28 20:42 ap.xml
    drwx------ 9 inspire staff 306 Jan 28 20:42 .
    lsws ➤ cd ../lsws_bad/conf
    conf ➤ ll
    total 72
    drwx------ 2 inspire staff 68 Jan 28 18:09 cert
    drwxr-xr-x 21 inspire staff 714 Jan 28 18:09 ..
    drwx------ 5 inspire staff 170 Jan 28 18:09 templates
    -rw------- 1 inspire staff 3940 Jan 28 18:09 mime.properties
    -rw-r----- 1 inspire staff 10858 Jan 28 18:11 httpd_config.xml.bak
    -rw-------@ 1 inspire staff 10757 Jan 28 18:11 httpd_config.xml
    -rw-r----- 1 inspire staff 1070 Jan 28 18:11 ap.bak
    -rw-r-----@ 1 inspire staff 2548 Jan 28 18:12 ap
    drwx------ 9 inspire staff 306 Jan 28 18:12 .

    -> looks like the one that wasn't working didn't have the same permissions in a few places, no idea why though.

    I got it working with the earlier version, so will probably just move on unless you want help tracking down a bug.

    Thanks for a great product!

Share This Page