4.0b1 packages

jkeegan

No, require a 2-CPU license at the minimum.
Is there any way to upgrade my VPS license temporarily to a 2 CPU license? I'd really like to see if the caching makes a performance difference... If it does, great, I will stick with the 2 cpu license. If not, then I would like to revert back to the VPS license....

Is there any way to do that or is it too much of a hassle on your end?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You can use the trial key to give it a try.

If you use LSWS with Apache httpd.conf, you need to wait for our beta 2 release in order to control the cache through httpd.conf and .htaccess.

Marcus

Will the cache functions be available on the standard (i.e. free) versions of Litespeed? If they will be limited, how will they be limited?

jkeegan

You can use the trial key to give it a try.
OK, I did that and restarted LSWS. I moved license.key to license.key.original and replaced it with the trial key and restarted lsws.

Control panel reports 14 days left on my license, so I must have the new key.

I created a directory at /opt/lsws/cache and set it to be owned by apache.apache.

I enabled the cache in the control panel and I accessed pages on the server but I don't see any files being created at /opt/lsws/cache and I don't see any increased in speed...

What do I need to do to enable the caching function?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You need to find out which page is cacheable and cache friendly (does not change frequently).
Please check response header with Firebug looking for "Cache-control", if it does not allow caching the page, then that page is not cache friendly.

As I know, vBulletin is not very cache friendly, but some pages can be forced to be cached for a little while by setting " Ignore Response Cache-Control" to yes.

jkeegan

You need to find out which page is cacheable and cache friendly (does not change frequently).
Please check response header with Firebug looking for "Cache-control", if it does not allow caching the page, then that page is not cache friendly.

I just added a static html page to the site, and requested it multiple times. I don't see any files in the cache folder... Firebug confirms that there are no cache-control headers being sent. I must be missing something because I can not find any evidence that the server is creating files in the cache folder...

jkeegan

cache has no effect on static file, only dynamically generated page will be cached.
I also have a Wordpress blog on this server that I have been hitting, and all those pages are dynamically generated, but still nothing in the cache dir... I have Ignore Request Cache-Control and Ignore Response Cache-Control set to Yes.