Abort request processing

Mr_Parham

Hi

My website is behind an nginx proxy and every now and then I get "upstream prematurely closed connection while reading response header from upstream". I checked the log file on my server and I found a lot of the similar looking thing to this in my log files

Code:
Abort request processing by PID:5486, kill: 1, begin time: 0, sent time: 0, req processed: 0

Can you please advise on what might have caused this to happen?

Regards
Parham

Last edited by a moderator:

NiteWave

Administrator
1st, it's [INFO] message, may not help you to identify issue of "upstream prematurely closed connection while reading response header from upstream"
2nd, you can try following
You can go to server->General tab, under General Setting table, there is an "External application abort", set it to "no abort".
to see if number of "Abort request processing" messages will decrease a lot.

Mr_Parham

Is there an option where I can choose not to abort only for trusted IP addresses? if now is that something that you might consider implementing?

Regards
Parham

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
whitelisted IP should not have any connection issue to reverse proxy. aborting requests are normal in general. I would suggest you bypass nginx to proxy when errors happen to see if the domain is running well by accessing to it directly to backend server. If so, then try to figure out why reserver proxy being blocked?

Mr_Parham

I have already tried that, when the proxy is getting blocked normal connections work perfectly fine and the server is stable. Keep in mind that the reserve proxy IP addresses are already whitelisted!