admin-gui ... bugs

ts77

if I configure hotlink-protection and I set it to *NO* it still wants the other fields filled on the page. It shouldn't require those fields if I don't use hotlink-protection.

(2.0 Release)

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
This will be fixed. meanwhile, if you don't save it, it will be treated as 'NO'.
Please continue reporting any admin gui bugs, I'll fix all the known bugs in the next minor release.
Thanks,
Lauren

ts77

ok, you wanted it this way ... ;-).
just let me say first, that I really like the admin-gui ... it makes it much easier to maintain the system.

just some more annoyances (maybe I missed some options but here you go):
- creating a vhost through a template needs a restart on console until its active (a restart from web isn't enough)
- does the login really needs a unique id? Otherwise I could just put the login-data into my browser and wouldn't need to enter it manually with each login ... would be nice to have the option to disable that unique id there
- the vhost-template already has a vhost-root defined ... why do I need to enter another one if I add a member host?
- how can I define a cgi-script-handler? If I select CGI in the script-handler-panel I can only select from the fcgi-handlers. In the external apps I can't define cgi-handlers ... so how?

- (be aware, feature request :)) ... would be nice if you could easily create self signed ssl-certificates through the web ... or even the certificate request for buying certs which could be given there through the web)

will post more if I find them ;).

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
- creating a vhost through a template needs a restart on console until its active (a restart from web isn't enough)
It is a gui bug, will be fixed. You don't need to restart, just do logoff/login.

- does the login really needs a unique id? Otherwise I could just put the login-data into my browser and wouldn't need to enter it manually with each login ... would be nice to have the option to disable that unique id there
For security reason, currently this will stay the way it is. May change in the future if switched to cookie based login.

- the vhost-template already has a vhost-root defined ... why do I need to enter another one if I add a member host?
It's optional, if you want to set a particular member host to a different root other than the specified pattern.

- how can I define a cgi-script-handler? If I select CGI in the script-handler-panel I can only select from the fcgi-handlers. In the external apps I can't define cgi-handlers ... so how?
This is a bug, handler name should dynamically populate the values. if you click "save", on the error page, the correct values will be populated, and then you can still save it.

would be nice if you could easily create self signed ssl-certificates through the web ... or even the certificate request for buying certs which could be given there through the web)
will put in to-do list with low priority.

Thanks,
Lauren

ts77

It's optional, if you want to set a particular member host to a different root other than the specified pattern.
heh ok, but you should mark this as optional then :).

how can I define a cgi-script-handler? If I select CGI in the script-handler-panel I can only select from the fcgi-handlers. In the external apps I can't define cgi-handlers ... so how?
This is a bug, handler name should dynamically populate the values. if you click "save", on the error page, the correct values will be populated, and then you can still save it.
Hmm, but I can't define external apps as cgi-apps. so how do I stuff handlers in the dropdown-list for cgi?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
but you should mark this as optional then
It is an optional field which does not require populated. ;-)

Hmm, but I can't define external apps as cgi-apps. so how do I stuff handlers in the dropdown-list for cgi?
You don't need to define cgi-apps. The dropdown list should be populated with a prefdefined "CGI Daemon" app when "CGI" is selected, but it is broken right now. You can just click "save", ignore the error message reported and click "save" again. :) It will be fixed.

ts77

ah and this cgi-daemon should handle all perl/cgi-scripts then?
I don't fully get it yet, forgive me.

Where do I define which app to run for a given extension (i.e. if I would like to run a python-app?)?

ts77

ok, here is another gui-bug:
if I enable mod-rewrite, I can't set a logging-level ... there is simply no input field for it, just the table row.