Bug with Opencart 2.3.0.2 & Journal 3.1.4 with pop up login / shortcode customer name

Can somebody verify if submitting the bug report to bug@litespeedtech.com is sufficient?

I will close the lid on Lscache for now until I get some promising response to the issues. I am very shocked that the response was that there is no workaround for the AJAX popup when Nitropack was able to offer a fix within 3 working days to amend the code for Journal. All lscache has to do is consider the pop-up & refresh the page.

The lscache just does not work correctly period with OC 2.3.0.2, LScache 2.1.0 & Journal 3.1.4

The cache won't clear, it's rendering incorrect device types, and it's throwing customer's names onto unrelated customer logins posing a severe GDPR risk. Not to mention inconsistencies with the cache ( being given a logged in cache when I log out and navigate to the homepage)

There are too many issues surrounding Lscache on Opencart/Journal especially when it comes to the cookie's and showing other users data, I find it alarming, to be honest, & very unprofessional considering There are 300,000 installs of Opencart and Journal takes up 28,000 of them, almost 10% of OC users.

No the modification is disabled in the opencart admin and the extension itself is also disabled.

It might be worth completely uninstalling all traces of it but I'm confident it's disabled and not having an effect on the store.

On the development link & not live right? Let me check & get back to you. If this is correct I will uninstall it completely and go from there. Is the header showing NITRO hit?

serpent_driver

You should think about using other Template than Journal. Maybe Journal creates nice looking Design, but the code is horrible. Tonnes of Javascript, CSS and fonts. That is tooooo much and the best cache solution or a HighSpeed dedicated server isn't able to make your shop faster because of tooooo much static source. 5MB to load on each page to load is a killing argument for selling.

I do not have 2.8 installed on dev, 2.7 was installed on dev, 2.8 is installed on live.

You should think about using other Template than Journal. Maybe Journal creates nice looking Design, but the code is horrible. Tonnes of Javascript, CSS and fonts. That is tooooo much and the best cache solution or a HighSpeed dedicated server isn't able to make your shop faster because of tooooo much static source. 5MB to load on each page to load is a killing argument for selling.
I did not ask, while I agree journal is a bloaty beast, I'm pretty much down the rabbit hole now with most of my code customised around journal. It's also allowed me to make a really nice design. Notropack deals with it fine, I simply wanted to move to lscache because it caches the customer login.

PS: When nitro does its job, the page size is less than 1mb you are basing this on the uncached version which is sadly suicide without a cache on the production environment.

Last edited:
That would solve 1 out of about 6 problems and would ruin the flow and conversion that I have going. I'm not looking for half measures I'm looking to fix the route issues I face and I'm happy to pay to have that done if standard module development doesn't address it.

I'm not sure why the remedy isn't a code solution to make it compatible with journal rather than putting a bandage over a gunshot wound and hoping it heals, only for it to cause you huge problems down the line with an infection.

This solution doesn't solve the issue of the fact this module cannot get a single cache right on the current setup and is showing customer data to sessions that are not even in relation. Its showing me a cached version when I log out...

...It just comes across amateur.

Edit: just want to be clear I'm not calling anyone here amateur, the point I am making is I am coming from a working cache product that does a very good job.. albeit it for guests only, has all of the minification and page speed goodies and a CDN and I get 92/100 page speed.

When you find that lscache has a plugin and you look at the release log and find it is compatible with journal, to then find out it seems (at least in my case) to be riddled with problems, it does come across a little amateur.

I really do think litespeed is a great technology and I'm excited for it, I mean its free, it would save me £400 a year! But my opinion has been a little skewed

I did try it yes I put it in the htacess I've not noticed any difference.

I also uncommented all the other things there relating to lscache but still, no change. Still won't cache properly, still won't purge. Still shows customer session data to others.

Last edited:

serpent_driver

Your comments force to give you some expainations, because you have a huge missunderstanding, but first of all you have to know everything you want to get is possible. With LScache there are no limits. LScache offers a lot of unique features to make a HTTP cache available. But LScache is not LScache plugin. Each LiteSpeed cache plugin is only a control panel to manage and to control LScache engine. A plugin only tells the engine what and what has not to be cached and how long a page should be cached. This as basic information for you.

It may sound like a contradiction if I say everything is possible, but why doesn't your cache plugin support each feature? The answer is simple (for me). Every plugin, not only cache plugin for OpenCart, can only be developed for general usage and not every feature can be implemented in a plugin. To make all features available deeper modifications in the main application have to be done. The result of this modifications ends in a custom application that can't be updated anymore, but updates must be possible. That is why not all features can be implemented.

The second important point is that LScache plugin is a plugin for OpenCart, not more not less. It is made for the main application and not for a 3rd party extension or for a theme that adds and modifies the functions of the main application like Journal 3 does it. But you expect that LScache plugin should support OpenCart AND Journal 3 and you complain insufficient support of cache plugin for Journal 3. Why should LiteSpeed support a 3rd party extension? Why doesn't Journal 3 theme support LiteSpeed?

You have modified your shop. That is okay, but with this modifications your shop has an individual specification that differentiates from original specification of OpenCart. I hope you understand that a plugin can't support each custom modification.

So what is the consequence for you?

1.) Remove cache plugin for OC
OR
2.) Remove Journal 3
OR
3.) Remove all critical functions that cause malfunction
OR
4.) Find a developer who is able to develope plugins for OpenCart AND knows everything about LiteSpeed. (Bad news for you. There are no.)

Your comments force to give you some expainations, because you have a huge missunderstanding, but first of all you have to know everything you want to get is possible. With LScache there are no limits. LScache offers a lot of unique features to make a HTTP cache available. But LScache is not LScache plugin. Each LiteSpeed cache plugin is only a control panel to manage and to control LScache engine. A plugin only tells the engine what and what has not to be cached and how long a page should be cached. This as basic information for you.

It may sound like a contradiction if I say everything is possible, but why doesn't your cache plugin support each feature? The answer is simple (for me). Every plugin, not only cache plugin for OpenCart, can only be developed for general usage and not every feature can be implemented in a plugin. To make all features available deeper modifications in the main application have to be done. The result of this modifications ends in a custom application that can't be updated anymore, but updates must be possible. That is why not all features can be implemented.

The second important point is that LScache plugin is a plugin for OpenCart, not more not less. It is made for the main application and not for a 3rd party extension or for a theme that adds and modifies the functions of the main application like Journal 3 does it. But you expect that LScache plugin should support OpenCart AND Journal 3 and you complain insufficient support of cache plugin for Journal 3. Why should LiteSpeed support a 3rd party extension? Why doesn't Journal 3 theme support LiteSpeed?

You have modified your shop. That is okay, but with this modifications your shop has an individual specification that differentiates from original specification of OpenCart. I hope you understand that a plugin can't support each custom modification.

So what is the consequence for you?

1.) Remove cache plugin for OC
OR
2.) Remove Journal 3
OR
3.) Remove all critical functions that cause malfunction
OR
4.) Find a developer who is able to develope plugins for OpenCart AND knows everything about LiteSpeed. (Bad news for you. There are no.)

Hi. I became invested in lscache because I saw that it was compatible with journal 3 in the release log. I also see lots of posts in this forum of journal users getting help and I have since seen an update in relation to some of the problems faced. So based on that I just assumed lscache as a whole was invested in improving support for journal 3.

The thing I cannot understand about lscache is that it won't work at all for me. I uninstalled it and returned to nitro for now which works without issue. Cache works fine and it does not cause problems with privacy. I can only hope lscache is updated for opencart in the future and it fixes my problems