Cant password protect my site

Hi !

I followed the docs and compared to the Example config to protect a directory (in my case the root directory) and the Auth popup shows up and doenst work with the user/password i set up in my Realm with litespeed vhost configuration interface :

Screenshot_2020-05-22 LiteSpeed WebAdmin Console.png

Screenshot_2020-05-22 LiteSpeed WebAdmin Console(1).png

Screenshot_2020-05-22 LiteSpeed WebAdmin Console(2).png

Screenshot_2020-05-22 LiteSpeed WebAdmin Console(3).png

Im sure im typing the correct password when the browser prompts for username/ password and Im stil getting :

[INFO] [162.158.187.143:43868#editeddomain.com] User 'olazog' failed to authenticate.

This are my file perms (files were generated by lsws) :

Code:
-rw-r--r--. 1 lsadm nobody   48 May 22 20:21 .htpasswd
-rw-r--r--. 1 lsadm nobody   13 May 22 20:23 .htgroup

Doesnt work I tried with different browsers, Fresh installed browsers and still doesnt work.
This is my first experience with Openlitespeed. Its frustrating when a simple task doesnt work

serpent_driver

Then, you should use Cyberpanel. OpenLiteSpeed is your webserver and not the control panel for your server. There you will find the function you need.

Then, you should use Cyberpanel. OpenLiteSpeed is your webserver and not the control panel for your server. There you will find the function you need.
Openlitespeed is my webserver and the virtualhost of webserver config is what really counts.
And when I look at Cyberpanel config it takes the config from openlitespeed, so its the same config.

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
You will need to specify the user:
required user test(or your user)

Specifies which user/group can access this context. This allows you to use one user/group database (specified in "Realm") across a number of contexts, but only allow certain users/groups from that database to access this context.

For openlitespeed question, you should use https://forum.openlitespeed.org/

You will need to specify the user:
required user test(or your user)

Specifies which user/group can access this context. This allows you to use one user/group database (specified in "Realm") across a number of contexts, but only allow certain users/groups from that database to access this context.

For openlitespeed question, you should use https://forum.openlitespeed.org/
Not really. If you dont specify a user or group all users and groups in the realm will be allowed to access

Screenshot_2020-05-27 LiteSpeed WebAdmin Console.png