Changing virtual host names requires restart to fix

Marcus

Hi,

If I do the following (in order):

1) Start a virtual host (instantiated) listening on an address/port
2) Change the name of the virtual host to something else
3) Remove the virtual host from the listener and add a different virtual host to the listener
4) Do a graceful restart

I get the following:

- The old virtual host (which no longer exists in name) still shows up on the console
- The old virtual host is still running (after the restart)
- The new virtual host isn't running, though it says it is

In order to fix the problem (and load the proper configuration), I have to actually stop/start the server.

Also, I've noticed a number of times that templated virtual hosts are running after reboots, when in fact they're not.

In general, if an address/port combination is being used by a virtual server, then in the config you change which servers listen to which address/port combo, there have been errors (both in the loading and displaying of which servers are running). I've only experienced this with the beta 4 versions - the 3 branch hasn't done this.

I've experienced these problems on Ubuntu 8.04, LSWS v 4.0b2 and 4.0b3 standard.

No core dump files were generated (and they're turned on).

If you want any more info, let me know.

Marcus

Generally need to restart using script

If I use the web admin interface, the graceful restart doesn't seem to work properly - i.e. the new settings aren't updated.

If I use the control script and restart, that works ok, though.

Does the `lswsctrl restart` do a graceful restart?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Yes, "lswsctrl restart" is graceful as well.
I am interested why the web console does not work.
If web console send the request to web server successful,
"Server restart request from admin interface!"

should be logged into error.log

Marcus

That problem appears to have been fixed in the latest binary version (at least basic restarts have). I won't go through all the process I did before, but if I experience any more issues, I'll post them.