Confused! Joomla cache settings when using Litespeed 1.40

Hi

Joomla 3.9.25
PHP 7.4.14
Joomla lscache 1.40 (from github)
Gantry 5.4.37
Phoca Cart 3.5.7
Norr Next Phoca Stripe Payment Plugin 1.20

I've read the docs and the wiki plus some answers to other issues. It appears some info may be out of date, so is there any chance of a definitive guide or youtube video for Joomla?

1) GZip - on or off?
2) Joomla caching - Off or Conservative
3) JCH Optimize - enable or disable? (it looks as though v 1.4 is compatible)
4) Module caching on or off

Also, the ESI settings are unclear, can a youtube video be created with how this works ( especially on ecommerce - even a virtuemart demo would do )

Also, has anyone had issues/managed to get litespeed working with payment gateways plugins - I'm having an issue with Stripe so cannot enable LScache :( - shame because my performance drops from 90% to 65%

The Stripe issue seems to be some problem with the webhook when Joomla lscache is enabled, even with the payment pages are excluded. It is as if the Stripe process cannot reach back to the site to end or finalise the transaction. So, transaction total get muddled, eg. If I test a payment intent without entering card details it turn out that the currency amount entered is charged to the next customer. Pretty bad! Only a problem if lscache is enabled.

I don't know if it's my payment plugin that needs altering or some setting needs adding in lscache, but Stripe is so common now that I'm hoping someone must have come across this and discovered a solution.

Also, I did manage to get the login and cart module to work, but not the way the official docs explained it.

Could one of the devs here maybe give us a final outline of how to set up this very useful but highly confusing plugin?

:)

Regards
David

PS I use Krystal hosting but they don't appear in the Litespeed partner list

Last edited: