core files after reloading

Hi.

After the reload of httpd (cPanel) one of our custmer get core file.

Code:
core.4169: ELF 32-bit LSB core file Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), SVR4-style, from 'lsphp5'
Is there any way to know why is this core created ?

Thanks.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
The call stack has been messed up, cannot tell anything.
Anyway, if it does not happen frequently, there is nothing to worry about.

felosi

Well you may wanna set your core limits in limits.conf to 0 otherwise if a user has a script that doesnt agree with lsphp it can fill up your entire disk space pretty fast. Trust me Ive been there lol. Also it wouldnt hurt to disable core dumps in litespeed admin.

As far as being php error though mistwang I understand that but is this just somethng lsapi php does dumping the cores like that? I never seen apache/mod_php make the core files like that.

hadyabed

Well you may wanna set your core limits in limits.conf to 0 otherwise if a user has a script that doesnt agree with lsphp it can fill up your entire disk space pretty fast. Trust me Ive been there lol. Also it wouldnt hurt to disable core dumps in litespeed admin.

As far as being php error though mistwang I understand that but is this just somethng lsapi php does dumping the cores like that? I never seen apache/mod_php make the core files like that.
I have a problem similar to his. Where is limits.conf located?
Thanks.
-Hady Abed

felosi

well it does no good with litespeed as I think litespeeds sets its own ulimits whicvh includes core files. Generally it is located in /etc/security/limits.conf but from experience will do no good with lsws

There is a patch george made and posted in one of my threads, it works, search for it