cpanel + litespeed = easy

anything

normally we use litespeed in complicated crazy high load environments. but I happened to be doing a plain old simple cpanel install and decided to use litespeed there also because we use suphp.
im used to installing litespeed and configuring it myself so I was prepared to go through the setup, change all the options i like, install dependencies, prepare and compile php myself/etc.
but instead I followed instructions for the cpanel plugin. 10 seconds later litespeed is installed. one click + 5minutes later php is compiled and installed. next click its swapped from apache to litespeed.... and im done. I was impressed how easy it was.

because its so easy to swap back I did some quick apache bench tests.
I did not touch the server config at all, just wanted a quick baseline comparison with nothing special or magical done.
tests were done from another server 0.6ms away on a 10mbit internet connection. suphp is enabled. I did several tests but included only one result here, the results were similar no matter what test i tried.

test.php:
PHP:
<? print "hello"; ?>
apache:
Code:
ab -c 20 -t 120 -n 200000 http://.../test.php
Requests per second: 406.75 [#/sec] (mean)
observed load average: 1.61

litespeed:
Code:
ab -c 20 -t 120 -n 200000 http://.../test.php
Requests per second: 1977.87 [#/sec] (mean)
observed load average: 0.28

1/5th the load, 5x more requests per second.
is a nice result to see.

browsing to the forum and writing this post took more time than all of the above combined

cpanel litespeed easy

I asked about Joomla as a way for me to create my own website. Sounds like it would take some time to learn. How about Cpanel. Is that fairly easy to learn to use?

cmanns

I asked about Joomla as a way for me to create my own website. Sounds like it would take some time to learn. How about Cpanel. Is that fairly easy to learn to use?
If you don't even have a site yet shared hosting would probably be your first stop. Even busy sites rarely need their own system in the case with my hosting.

CPanel is a pain.

Next time benchmark mpm event mod fcgid apache and tune the php.conf.

webizen

Floriarmblome said:
this is my first time building a site using cpanel and while i am sure it is superior in many ways, i have much to learn. so i was wondering if there were any recommended tutorial sites. because as it is now, i seem to be struggling with the html not working on the indexes. cant seem to change the background color. lol. i have tried all the html i know to do it and it just doesnt seem to change the color.
Please make sure your site work under Apache before switch to LSWS. Also, LSWS standard edition (only support up to 5 vhost from Apache) would most likely not work for you. You need a licensed LSWS to run.

Last edited by a moderator: