Dash Notifier

I really love Dash Notifier! It's a great plugin. A simple feature that WordPress should have by default =)

However, it is clear that it was created with the purpose of helping to promote the Litespeed Cache plugin, which is nothing wrong with this, but why not add 4 features that would be VERY interesting for us administrators?

1. At the moment notification is only displayed on the WordPress homepage. Some of my clients just do not see it. Why not show this notification on every page inside the wordpress admin panel?

2. Notification currently has only two templates. Show a simple message or show a message with a button to install a plugin. But why not add the template to show a message to a link that your system administrator wants? And if this button can be more customized so that in the definition of constant it is easy to set the color of the button or even some "dash icon" of WordPress?

3. Develop a shell script that automatically adds "dash notifier" to all sites. That would be great for us developers.

4. It is possible for the client to ignore warnings. This is OK. But would it be possible to define "importance levels of warnings"? For example, I could send a warning I recommend installing a plugin, this is OK. But I also as administrator could automatically detect malicious plugins and inform my clients of immediate removal! In this case, the level of importance of this notification would be high!

Please, think carefully about my suggestions.

If you are a forum member and you liked my idea, simply "like" this post so that it increases the visibility so that the Litespeed team can add these features in the future.

Thank you.

Michael A

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Émerson Felinto ,

Just to comment on two of your points

2. Notification currently has only two templates. Show a simple message or show a message with a button to install a plugin. But why not add the template to show a message to a link that your system administrator wants? And if this button can be more customized so that in the definition of constant it is easy to set the color of the button or even some "dash icon" of WordPress?
At the moment, the notifications message should be able to accept HTML if I recall correctly, so you can likely easily modify the simple message to contain whatever you need. Do note that we may add more strict validation on allowed message HTML elements in the future.

3. Develop a shell script that automatically adds "dash notifier" to all sites. That would be great for us developers.
This already exists as a command in our `lscmctl` script. You can find out more about that here:
https://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php/litespeed_wiki:cpanel:cli-lscwp-management

Wow!! I just did not know you could handle the Dash Notifier from the command line. And I created a shell script for this! :O

Anyway, it's worth learning =)

If you know how to use special html tags on dash notifier please tell me, I am anxious to know more about this. I even created a topic in the official forum on wordpress.org about another subject related to the plugin but no one answered = (

Michael A

Administrator
Staff member
Just pinged our dev to let him know (I'm guessing alerts are not set up correctly for that yet).

As far as special HTML tags go, you should be able to use most without issue.

My recommendation would be to create your HTML message in a file and then use our script to add it to a single test site so that you can compare the outcome to what was expected.

Regards,
-Michael