Domain sharding with CDN

Hi,

New here. Not sure if the plugin devs will see this. I was wondering if at any point the plugin could be updated to allow multiple CDN URLs and allow each to select which content they will control. I'd like to be able to add parallelization to static files:

img.site.com
css.site.com
js.site.com
etc

You can see this used in WP Rocket. If this could be possible, how would it work with the original URL setting? I am currently using Cloudflare. In cPanel I have setup my subdomains and have them direct to public_html so when Cloudflare calls those CNAMEs it can correctly direct to the right file.

Is this even advisable anymore now with HTTP/2? I realize it can download 6 files concurrently from one HTTP request. Is Pingdom wrong when they penalize you for not parallelizing static content?

Thanks!

Unique_Eric

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Uberlucas,
Multi CDN is on our developer to-do list. Thanks your suggestion.
Can you tell us more which item penalized by Pingdom and what are your settings? I just ran my site, looks fine.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Pingdom gives me an F rating for "Parallelize downloads across hostnames". The test says "
This page makes 26 parallelizable requests. Increase download parallelization by distributing these requests across multiple hostnames."

Hoping to see domain sharding capability soon :)

Lisaf

Hi,

New here. Not sure if the plugin devs will see this. I was wondering if at any point the plugin could be updated to allow multiple CDN URLs and allow each to select which content they will control. I'd like to be able to add parallelization to static files:

img.site.com
css.site.com
js.site.com
I need this features, too.
I am using Litespeed cache + Keycdn.
Thanks