Email every 2hrs from server about VPS Memory limit in 4.1

Hello everyone,

I've got a VPS from HostV (their VZ1 one plan with 512MB Ram) and just recently switched from Apache to Litespeed.

I had been running the 15day trial and loved it, so purchased and installed the VPS license yesterday morning.

Since then, every 2 hours, I get an email directly from the server with the following subject:

-----------------------------------------

Remainder: Memory limit of VPS license

Hi,

This is a friendly remainder that LSWS 4.1 release will enforce 2GB memory limit for VPS license. For VPS with more than 2GB memory, 1-CPU license should be used. It is highly recommended to upgrade your VPS license before upgrade to LSWS 4.1 release.

-----------------------------------------

I understand there's a limit for VPS licenses and appreciate the notice that 4.1 will enforce that, but why do I keep getting this every 2 hours? Especially since I'm nowhere near having (let alone exceeding) the 2GB limit?

Any help with this is appreciated, as it's really starting to get annoying having my inbox filled up with these all the time.

Thanks

webizen

LSWS makes judgement based on burstable memory limit, not guaranteed. It could be the burstable is over the 2GB limit. Issue 'free' from command line should tell.

Hrm, ok, yeah doing the free command gives this:

total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 32895556 8980580 23914976 0 0 0
-/+ buffers/cache: 8980580 23914976
Swap: 0 0 0

Which looks like 32GB. Odd since I've only got 512MB with Burstable up to 1GB (at least that's what their site says...).

So I take it there's nothing i can do to stop these notices short of upgrading to the full 1cpu license?

Edit: Looking at that again, I think I read wrong, that looks like 32MB not GB.

webizen

free command shows in KB by default. You can try 'free -m' (in MB) or 'free -g' (in GB) for cross check. In your case, the allocated memory is indeed 32GB.

You are right. There is no way to avoid email reminder without upgrading.

Ok, so, if I don't upgrade for the time being and live with the notices, will Litespeed stop working with 4.1 because of the enforced limit?