Error with (date.timezone) in LiteSpeed

Razva

[SOLVED] Error with (date.timezone) in LiteSpeed

Hi folks,

I'm trying to setup a phpBB installation. All fine and dandy, till one big ugly error:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 86: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
After browsing the forums the general solution is:

Set the required setting (date.timezone) in php.ini and these messages will go away.
Note: I'm using PHP 5.3.6.

Well...the single problem is that LiteSpeed doesn't has any php.ini. So...how can I fix this?

Thanks!

Last edited:

webizen

LSWS comes with a default php.ini (e.g. /usr/local/lsws/php/php.ini). Just copy it over and add timezone info if needed.

Razva

Added "date.timezone='America/Chicago' " in /opt/lsws/php/php.ini than "service lsws restart".

Still...same result...

Any other ideas? Should I switch to 5.2?

webizen

you need to copy that php.ini file to the place that php5.3.6 can pick up.

do the following to find out where php 5.3.6 is looking for
Code:
/opt/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5 -i | grep 'Configuration File'

Last edited:

Razva

[root@litespeed /]# /opt/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5 -i | grep 'Configuration File'
Configuration File (php.ini) Path => /opt/lsws/lsphp5/etc
Loaded Configuration File => (none)
Should I copy php.ini to "/opt/lsws/lsphp5/etc"?

Note: "/opt/lsws/lsphp5/etc" doesn't exists. Should I create it?

Razva

Solved one thing...broke another...

I'm now trying to access my blog's /wp-admin but all I get is a...blank page...

The error.log is not stating anything suspicious.

Here's the Configuration - Server - Tunning:
- Max Connections: 3000
- Max Keep-Alive Requests: 1000

Please note that I'm currently importing some comments from WP to Disqus, so I suppose that the server has a lot of threads opened.

Still, when I access any link (check http://www.gadget.ro) everything works like a charm. But when I try to access http://www.gadget.ro/wp-admin/ ... I get a blank page.

This happened after moving the php.ini to /opt/lsws/lsphp5/etc.

Later edit: this happens with other pages also, just noticed. They load like...50 percent, and the rest is blank. It's like they load just a few "items" than stop.

Later edit 2: I've inserted JUST the "date.timezone" value in php.ini, and works like a charm again! :D

Later edit 3: Now, what's the recommended Max Connections and Max Keep-Alive Requests?

Last edited:

webizen

should not have anything to do with Max Connections, etc.

looks like the /wp-admin redirects to login page. so it seems ok. can you confirm?

OK, now I appear to be having this issue. I was able to load the php.ini file and now the date/time issue is gone. But much like the original poster I am getting only white pages when loading wp-admin.

Changed the date.timezone='America/Chicago' to just date.timezone and did a graceful restart. No go. Any other ideas?