ESI problems

I'm continuing to test LiteSpeed and LSCache to see if we can replace our existing Varnish setup and have run into some issues while trying to use the ESI features.

I have a file called includetest.html containing the following:

Code:
<esi:remove>
  No ESI
</esi:remove>
<esi:include src="/path/to/phpscript.php" />
The PHP script does some API calls to a system we have and outputs a number. However, this isn't applicable here as I can't get it working, with "No ESI" shown when accessing includetest.html

I have turned on ESI processing in htaccess as per the docs ( http://blog.litespeedtech.com/2014/...ill-speed-up-web-applications/comment-page-1/ ) :

Code:
RewriteRule .? - [E=esi_on:1]

On a separate note, when ESI is enabled in the htaccess file as shown above, our main website (powered by Wordpress) doesn't work. When an uncached version is requested, we get all kinds of garbled characters outputted to the browser as shown in the attached screenshot.

LS Enterprise version: 5.0.13
PHP version (lsapi): 5.5.26

Any thoughts? Is this a bug?

Attachments

Hi,

I am using your plugin for our Wordpress site.

Do you mean I cannot use ESI includes within the theme for our Wordpress site with the current version of Litespeed & LSCache? If so, do you have any ETA on when this will be supported?

Thanks.

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
No ESI support for currently version yet, but it is on our to do list. I am not aware of any ETA yet but we will try our best.

Hi,

I think I've actually got it working with an ESI include within the Wordpress theme html. I will complete my testing and report back if so.

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
For WP plugin, it will not contains ESI syntax directly, as you have to modify your theme template html to utilize ESI. We do plan to publish a guide on how to do it with example of punch hole for "Most Recently Posted" widget. Looks like you are ahead of us. If you are interested (PM me), we can work together to have the user guide finish and share with others.
I'm just a little overwhelmed at the moment. Technically everything is ready and production quality as LiteMage used ESI extensively. So the ESI parser and process is quite powerful and robust.

Lauren