few problems with instalation

1st off, i followed the guide here
(think the link prevented posting)
then the official upgrade guide to newest version, which then would not start saying cannot find the install path
so i reinstalled the lower version 1.3.12
(i had used the paid version on centos/whm/cpanel hosting in the past, now i built my own headless ubuntu 16.04 server)
(if it mattersi downgraded php from 7 to 5.6 cause 1 site didn't support it but that sites closing anyway)

after install
service lsws start
returned
Failed to start lsws.service: Unit lsws.service not found.
but
/usr/local/lsws/bin/lswsctrl start
works just fine
once started i configured it, setting an ssl port for ssl sites, added the cache module
changed the default listener port ..checked the php handler (left the default)
did graceful restart...
tried accessing my website (logged in with ssl) and i get page not found if i go to the domaain root i get the default you just installed litespeed page
furthermore i have searched for a couple hours for how to make litespeded the default so it loads at boot instead of apache and i find nothing but how to install litespeed instructions

what am i doing wrong

wont that still check for openssl wich is properly installed and running
i'll give it a shot
but putting this on the back burner for 48 hours..got a couple more higher priority things i need to work out 1st...
but i hope that works...i loved how litespeed ran on my old server till private cache stopped working unexpectedly (and unexplainably) i should have used the trial liscence to get it working instead of just paying for it right away...

thnx really appreciate the help i'll give that a shot before giving up

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
For LiteSpeed Enterpirse version, if there is any problem on private cache, you should log a ticket with us. It may be due to mis-configuration or bug. We can take a further look.

For OpenLiteSpeed with Ubuntu box, try corresponding wiki first for installation to see if problem resolved.

L

Long

Now what's the status of the project?
Litespeed currently doesn't provide php repo for ubuntu 16 yet, but for 12 and 14.
For the problem about openssl with building lsphp, you need to install openssl-devel.
If apache can't start, check whether the port has already been used.

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
We don't have any open/outstanding ticket from hivelocity.net. We respond ticket pretty fast in our system.

Not sure why you ticket was sitting in hivelocity.net's queue for weeks.

Next time, you can also use this forum for such technical problems/questions. We will definitely take a further look.