Forcing a PHP version?

I'm having trouble with a couple things.

Most of my site is working, but small functions I wrote on another server aren't. I ran phpinfo() to see if the items I compiled php5 with are enabled and it turns out that I'm running on php4.

How to I tell the server to use php5?

Also, I tried to compile php5 with extra configuration flags and when it's done, the configuration flag isn't listed. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Matt.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
add lsphp5 external app if not here yet. change script handler for "php" from lsphp4 to lsphp5.

Make sure you check the correct lsphp5 executable.

./lshphp5 -i

should show the configuration parameters.

Sorry. I'm very new to Litespeed. I'm not sure what you mean by that.

I just went to one of the server's VH, went to Ext Apps and added one. This is a screen shot of what I put in.

Attachments

I'm 100% positive I've done this wrong. In both adding the external app and the script handler, I didn't once see options for either lsphp4 or lsphp5. I added that as a name for the script handler. I think the address is wrong as well.

However, I still added the script handler, did a graceful restart of both servers (load balanced) and ran phpinfo()... It's still 4.x.

I went poking around and found the lsphp4 and 5 in the LSWS directory. So now that I know the absolute path, what do I do to add it to the external apps?

It shows up as php5 now. Fantastic!

Now I have another issue. I'm using ffmpeg and ffmpeg-php. I read that I need to add the --with-ffmpeg flag, but when I compile with that option, it doesn't actually do it (as far as I can see.)

EDIT! Never mind... I see that flag! LOL! It's in the PHPINFO.

Thanks for everything!