Form keys are not working for extensions

Hi Support,

I have similar problem, I have extension AW product questions and form_key has replaced value to litemagefmkeylmg. When I submit the form nothing happens. It's post request. please help

Thanks in Advance!

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
Do you have a test store set up? If yes and you can provide me a temp root ssh access and admin panel login, I can login and check.

Lauren

Hi Lauren, Unfortunately I do not have test store.

I have this code in form.phtml
formKeyElement.setAttribute('value', '<?php echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey(); ?>');

getFormKey returns litemagefmkeylmg string.

But when we submit form and try to validate in controller using following method:

protected function _getSession()
{
return Mage::getSingleton('core/session');
}

protected function _validateFormKey()
{
$formKeyFromRequest = $this->getRequest()->getParam('form_key', null);
$formKeyFromSession = $this->_getSession()->getFormKey();
if (!$formKeyFromRequest || $formKeyFromRequest != $formKeyFromSession) {
return false;
}
return true;
}

getFormKey returns valid key like L4Iexn1FiRZWdemB

this validation obviously will be failed...

I am not sure why different output from the same method call.

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
form key value is unique per customer. We need to punch a hole for any place that reference the formkey. So the cached page is generic and can be shared by everyone. Server will just replace the real form key when serving to individual user. when magento output, it should replace litemage formkey with esi:include tags.
Do you have any plugin that will do html minify? It may delete those esi:include tags. You can try to enable "Use alternate ESI syntax" and see if it shows up. esi:include will be processed internally by lsws, so to end users, you will not see this and only see the real form key.

I am sure litemagefmkeylmg is not working and some who getFormKey is overridden by litemage cache extension which is return string litemagefmkeylmg.

Also, code is encoded and there is no way to debug it.