functionality like in mod_rpaf?

ts77

Hey folks,

I'm thinking of adding a proxying load-balancer in front of my servers.
Unfortunately the backend-lsws servers would only see and log the remote_ip of the proxy-server.
For apache there is mod_rpaf ( http://stderr.net/apache/rpaf/ ) which adds back the latest x_forwarded_for header as remote-ip which would allow sane logging and other actions done on the remote-ip.

Is there any feature like that in lsws?
Would you think it worthwhile to add?

thanks,

thomas

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
This is a new feature available in 3.0 Enterprise, x-forwarded-for header will be used as remote ip in access log if "Use Client IP in Header" is set to yes.

ts77

sounds good that this feature is available but darn that I'd need a second enterprise license for that ;).
thanks for the info though.

jackc

so this feature only log the the client's real ip, what about the other functions like php scripts, do they see the real ip as well? mod_rpaf makes everything sees the real ip.

jackc

If the client is behind multiple transparent proxies with x-forwarded-for header, does lsws still able to see the real IP? Is this feature only available in Enterprise version?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Answer to both of your question is yes.
The real IP should be the first IP in the x-forwarded-for header, as long as all proxies keep the real IP that way in the header, LSWS will use the real IP.