gzip compression mime wildcards not working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by aww, May 5, 2007.

  1. aww

    aww Well-Known Member

    gzip compression mime wildcards not completely working

    I believe I have found a bug! (any rewards? :) )

    I was testing a header/compression analyzer utility I wrote
    and I noticed that litespeed 3.1 is not sending Content-Type: text/xml
    mime types compressed, even though the text/* wildcard is present in your default list.

    If I manually add text/xml to the end of the list, it compresses.

    This means that any personal wordpress blog, among other software,
    running litespeed is not sending RSS feeds compressed by default!

    You can use your own demo for testing:
    is sent as "text/xml" but is not compressed

    (Strangely wordpress.com's feeds are compressed but they may have manually added the mime too)
    Last edited: May 5, 2007
  2. mistwang

    mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

    Maybe text/xml is not in the default MIME list, but added later after the compression has been configured. We will investigate.

Share This Page